How to change EA account email without access to old email address

by Dokken501

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to change EA account email without access to old email address

★ Apprentice

I downloaded Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PS4 earlier today and I couldn't play it because it kept saying my account was invalid. I looked on other websites and it said the only way to fix this problem was to update my password but the email account I originally used to create my EA account doesn't exist anymore, and I don't know the password anyway. I created a new account with my new email but I don't know how to link my new EA account with my PSN account.

Message 1 of 43 (123,191 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to change EA account email without access to old email address

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Dokken501 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 43 (122,886 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 43 (122,953 Views)

★ Apprentice

These solutions require me to know the password for my old EA account, which I don’t. And I don’t have access to the email account I used to create my old account, which is linked to my PSN, which is the reason I’m not able to play any of my EA games. You can either unlink my old account and link my new account with my PSN and delete the old one, or you can delete my new account and switch my old account’s email to my new email address. I cannot log into my EA account and switch my password, which is why it’s saying my account is invalid. I just need to have my email linked to my account; whichever one it is, so I can switch my password. 

Message 3 of 43 (122,928 Views)

★ Pro

@Dokken501 

Then you will have to contact EA. 

Please see I can't log in to my EA Account then get in touch with a Game Advisor on Contact EA.

“If you no longer have access to your email address, we can try to recover your account.

Fill out our webform, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can with more information.”

Other resources:

Talk to us: How to contact EA Help for support

Twitter

Facebook

Additional information:

Temporary changes to support options

Find your EA Account email address using your game or Origin

What to do if you've accidentally made a second EA Account

How to update your EA Account information

Message 4 of 43 (122,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Dokken501 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 43 (122,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I already did so. The problem is, is it says it’s waiting on me. Waiting on player. How is that POSSIBLE? I haven’t gotten ANY emails from EA! Not a single one! What I’m assuming is that it sent the email to the account I no longer have access to. WHY WOULD IT DO THAT?? The whole point is to get rid of that email!

Message 6 of 43 (122,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issues as you. I filled in that webform thing like 5 times and they still couldn't verify it. All I want to do is change the email address

Message 7 of 43 (121,885 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @EderichIsAwe but if our team is unable to grant you access to the account then you will need to gather as much additional info as possible and fill in the account recovery form again. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 43 (121,880 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is my old email that I am texting from And I’m trying to play madden trail and I can’t get my mobile items to my ps4 because I can’t switch emails through ea y’all need to talk to someone because the email I’m texting from is deleted and I have no way to receive the verification code To change the email out for my new one please help cause I’m really mad ea make no sense for this.i can’t even make a attempt to change it  you should at least be able to log out

Message 9 of 43 (121,178 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Is there any way the ea can just unlink the 2 emails from the accounts because I really wanted to play and now my other emails stuck on another account 

Message 10 of 43 (121,171 Views)