Re: How long does Origin take to install

by EA_David

Original Post

How long does Origin take to install

★★★ Novice

It has been installing an hour how much longer???

Message 1 of 23 (33,507 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jauzy0325

Normally it's fast, but it depends on your computer and how fast it is. For me it takes a few minutes.

Message 2 of 23 (33,459 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Jauzy0325 Hi, as mentioned the install should be fast, normally not more than a couple of minutes. Just so I'm clear, you're installing the Origin app and not a game? Depending on the game and your connection, an install can take several hours or even a couple of days.

Were you able to finish your install? If it's still stuck, can you try running the installer as an administrator? Rightclick the .exe and choose the Run as administrator option, and please let us know if that changes anything. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 23 (33,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to install origin several times and when I get to the install option it takes absolutely forever on the install mode and never completes. This is super frustrating on an ongoing problem. The install doesn't even appear if I select it to run as administrator. If I close the installation I have to delete origin, restart my computer, download again and attempt to install all over again

Message 4 of 23 (28,774 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi I’m trying to install origins, the Origin Thin Setup downloaded, I tried running it as an administrator, but there’s barely any green on the bar and it’s been a while. 

Message 5 of 23 (23,212 Views)

★★ Novice
And anytime there is green it says error 20:99 every time
Message 6 of 23 (23,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right answer: a lot!

Message 7 of 23 (23,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What does the administrator do and how quick does origin download for using is

Message 8 of 23 (21,833 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @stephenbog56 running a program as an administrator means that it is started with an administrator token which allows it high integrity clearance for features that additional access to your Windows files.

The download time for Origin will depend on your network. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes at the most. I tested there and it was downloaded in 14 seconds. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 23 (21,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it takes HOURS For me!!!!

That's all I have to say

Message 10 of 23 (19,952 Views)