Re: How do you make a desktop shortcut?

by KittehSaurus

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Seriously you guys should make an easy one click feature to put in desktop. Steam does that years ago. Be better, Origin.

Message 11 of 41 (3,723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's 2019 and this is still not an option. This is beyond embarrassing.

Message 12 of 41 (3,649 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wow, and Origin wonders why it's lagging behind even the Epic Games store.

Message 13 of 41 (3,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is lovely: In the last 3 days I received 10 emails from this forum.

A grand total of ONE of those was letting me now that there has been a new reply, the rest are constant notifications of me winning all manner of achievements of some kind. Achievements. For writing one reply on an internet forum. This is a company that has its priorities right.

I'm at a loss for words, really. "Embarrassing" comes to mind, but I just used that one.

Message 14 of 41 (3,591 Views)

Betreff: How do you make a desktop shortcut?

★★ Novice

i did have the link and for some reason it stopped working.. when i compare the sims game to the shortcut they changed the file name during some update from ts4 to ts4_x64 and broke their own link! DOH! what are they up to?

Message 15 of 41 (3,211 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LabrysEchelon  TS4.exe is the executable for the 32-bit version of the game, and TS4_x64.exe is for the 64-bit.  When the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 was released in November, the game's program files were reorganized.  TS4.exe used to be in [install path]\The Sims 4\Game\Bin, but now it's in the new Bin_LE folder.  So a shortcut pointing to the old location wouldn't work.  You can create a shortcut to the Bin_LE version, or to TS4_x64.exe in the regular Bin folder.  It doesn't matter which because Origin will launch the correct version of the game according to your Origin settings either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 41 (3,201 Views)

★★ Novice

cheers.. that explains it. problem was the start bar remembered the old one and was essentially a broken link (went straight to game without having to go through origin) but once i fixed the link manually, could use it again.

Message 17 of 41 (3,051 Views)

★ Novice

Another year later and still no option. Get your crap together EA.

Message 18 of 41 (2,884 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Excuse me sir where do I go from there? Sine I'm in the Core Folder? Where do I find my shortcut?

Message 19 of 41 (2,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@mightyfluidIIrc there should be a file called "ra2.exe" somewhere in the main or a subfolder. Right click that and choose "send to -> desktop (create shortcut)".

Message 20 of 41 (2,718 Views)