How do reinstall Qt5Xml.dll ????

by sgtblarney

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do reinstall Qt5Xml.dll ????

★★★ Novice

This issue: Haven't made any changes to my PC, suddenly Origin gives me a message Program Can't start because  Qt5Xml.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Why is this happening all of a sudden. How is fixed. Please HELP !!!

[I am getting fed up with there being continual problems with origin updates. I have purchased premium and still don't understand why having downloaded it all twice, it still says I don't have them installed]

Message 1 of 33 (40,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do reinstall Qt5Xml.dll ????

EA Community Manager

Hey @tothis_44beat,

the folders the cache is saved in are the ones mentioned by StarscreamUK, here's another recap:

1. First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders:
    • Hit the Start button (or press Win + X for Windows 10).
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Appearance and Personalization, then Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and click OK to save the change.
  2. If Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit.
  3. Click Start, then Computer, then double-click (CStandard smile to open the C:\ drive
  4. Open the ProgramData folder, then the Origin folder, and delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent.
    • If you’re on Windows XP  you’ll find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\
  5. Go back to C:\: 
    • Open the Users folder,
    • Open the folder with your  username, 
    • Open AppData
    • Then Roaming
    • Then Origin
      •  Delete all the files and folders inside.
  6. Go back to the AppData folder: 
    • Open the Local folder, 
    • Open the Origin folder
      • Delete all the files and folders inside.

View in thread

Message 16 of 33 (32,307 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That is an Origin DLL file.

You will need to download the most recent version of Origin and install it: https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

barry.png
Message 2 of 33 (40,067 Views)

★ Novice

i tried this and it didnt work! im getting very upset.

Message 3 of 33 (39,806 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, I've downloaded the Setup over and oever trying to re install, and it doesn;t work, the same error ocour over and over again... shame on you EA

Message 4 of 33 (39,745 Views)

★★ Novice

Your solution doesn't work, I have tried to reinstall it so many times and nothing

Message 5 of 33 (39,718 Views)

Champion

uninstall origin

delete the origin cache files

The files to delete can be found here:

• C:\ProgramData\Origin — Everything except for the following sub directory: DO NOT DELETE: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent
  • Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
  • Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\

install origin as and administrator(right click installers select run as administrator)

reboot

let us know.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 33 (39,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uninstall via Control Panel--> Programs. Select a different location for reinstall. Profit.  I had the problem and this seemed to have worked.

Message 7 of 33 (38,837 Views)

★★ Novice

This makes no sense.

Message 8 of 33 (35,421 Views)

★★ Novice

I have reinstalled origin at least 10 times.  I am extremely frustrated and fed up with this problem, either fix this problem or refund my money

Message 9 of 33 (35,418 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @bcsmall14 

I am sorry but you`ve posted in a rather old thread, and your post seem to went by unnoticed. Can you create a new thread and describe us your issue, we will do our best to help you out.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 10 of 33 (35,228 Views)