Re: How do i give origin permission to download a game?

by arathefox

Original Post

★ Novice

@EA_Darko it didnt help at all still the same for me

Message 11 of 82 (3,664 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @arathefox would you mind taking a look at this help article and trying the steps listed: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Install on the game you want). 

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 82 (26,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done all 3 and I cannot get an update to work.  

Message 13 of 82 (3,459 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same problem. Why is it that some can play an other's cant? I have tried all the stuff to an nothing works.

Message 14 of 82 (3,409 Views)

★★★ Novice

this just started failing for me today. nothing I do will fix it.

Message 15 of 82 (3,389 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing. I have NEVER had this issue and nothing has changed on my PC.. I have tried all three solutions here.... WTF

Message 16 of 82 (3,372 Views)

@CarsonArgos @Phorsite @jaxriens and @Orzosro  I'm not sure what's broken here, but someone else had success downloading an update into a new Windows user account.  Make sure it's an admin account and that the name contains only letters and numbers, no special symbols.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 82 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, that basically suggests that origin is having a major issue dealing with UAC permissions. Believe me my account is an admin account. I've done everything down to manually clearing persmissions.

The fact that it will download inside safe mode and that the problem persists through everything suggests some sort of issue in the actual permissions check logic. With UAC turn off it shouldn't even have to request permission.

Message 18 of 82 (3,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay so I’ve never used these forums to post help before because I usually just read everyone else’s posts to fix my problems, but I just found a reddit post that may temporarily help anyone who needs to play immediately 

https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ea3xux/help_cant_install_any_games_origin_needs_to/

Basically, you need to download an earlier version of origin, and then go in super fast an turn off automatic updates so that it doesn’t update back to the new version, and that gets rid of whatever they’ve done to screw us all over temporarily. Then I guess we wait until they fix their mistakes with another update (that is if they finally listen to us for once) but in the meantime we can still play our games. 

I’m not 100% sure that this works yet since I’m not around my computer to try it for myself, but to anyone who does please let the forums know if it helps you at all 

I DEFINITELY don’t work for EA or Origin so please do not take my advice as professional help

Message 19 of 82 (3,285 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me. Logged an issue with Origin.

Message 20 of 82 (3,276 Views)