How do i download Origin on a Chromebook?

by rrsha3

Original Post

Re: Why can't I download Origin onto a Chromebook?

★★★ Newbie
@Gorath_the_Elder isnt it because there ment for research and school
Message 61 of 67 (1,055 Views)

Re: How do you download Origin on a Chromebook? -- You cannot do so.

★★★ Newbie
Message 62 of 67 (947 Views)

Re: Why can't I download Origin onto a Chromebook?

★★★ Newbie
@Gorath_the_Elder you're being super rude dude. go get a hobby.
Message 63 of 67 (733 Views)

Re: How do i download Origin on a Chromebook?

★★★ Newbie
@treble_rebel please explain how to do this with Linux. ty
Message 64 of 67 (670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@rrsha3 I know this thread is probably dead but if you enable developer mode on your laptop you can download game launchers. There are a bunch of tutorials on it.
Message 65 of 67 (317 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it would be lovely if i can... plus everybody else that can't as well as me. if we could all get a chance to download sims 4 to chromeOS or any other games with that because i'm tired of the non compatible messages coming up on the screen because i tried to open an EA file or any other files that other people have tried. i shouldn't have to go out and buy another laptop that's actually compatible with EA files as well as sims 4 and etc. And to also have to try different ways to switch to Windows by watching videos and looking at different parts of ways to do that on google which is absolutely stressful by the way. unfortunately now i'm going to have to go out and buy a new laptop one i cannot afford, so i can open files that i couldn't on chromeOS and play games on EA that i also wasn't able to open in my files. i don't know if that's too much to ask for to actually be able to open files on my ChromeBook that is compatible enough and i know tons of people who would think the same. not that EA is at fault here the chromebook company is.

Message 66 of 67 (145 Views)

@Forgetfull080980  EA would need to not only create a new version of Origin or the EA App but also port over their games, a task that is not simple or quick.  Given that the hardware in most Chromebooks can't handle most serious games (Sims 4 would be an exception), it's probably not worth the time and expense for the relatively small increase in customer base.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 67 of 67 (142 Views)