Re: How do i download Origin on a Chromebook?

by ivrognard

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

this is happening to me aswell and this * sucks 

Message 21 of 67 (4,474 Views)

Re: How do I download Origin on a Chromebook?

★★★★★ Expert

The Chromebook's unique OS never caught on, and is being replaced by a more standard Android release on newer products.  You will have to seek adjustment through the producer and seller. 

Message 22 of 67 (4,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
why don't they come with it???!!!
Message 23 of 67 (4,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The thing is I don't understand. My mom bought the sims 4 for me and is now ticked because she spent 45 dollars on something I can't even play.

Message 24 of 67 (3,782 Views)

@JESSIPAIGE24 System requirements are displayed on the game's page in the store:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4#store-page-section-requirements

As you can see, there is nothing about Android, ChromeOS, Linux or any other operating systems then Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and MacOS 10.75/10/9/higher. Sims 4 has a refund option, so if you want to know if you qualify, look at those links here:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee

ALWAYS look at the game's/software's system requirements to make sure that your netbook/notebook/laptop/desktop/smartphone/tablet and so on can run it.

The Chromebook may be cheap but they are not meant for actual PC gaming. Proper PC gaming is done on a performant desktop PC or a performant laptop PC. And those are not cheap. A decent desktop can be built at around 900$ (display not included). A decent laptop is around 1k $.

Chromebooks are nice for watching movies, listening music, browsing the web, or playing mobile games (IF it is a newer Chromebook model). But as for PC gaming, they are not compatible with those.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 25 of 67 (3,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Welp, I was going to get a Chromebook for my birthday but it seems that it can't run nor Origin or Minecraft SO I GEUSS I CAN THROW THIS OUT THE WINDOW. Frown 

Message 26 of 67 (3,702 Views)

★ Novice

Well, that's because Sims was never meant for the Chromebook. So, I don't know why you guys are throwing a fit over this.

Message 27 of 67 (3,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I get the refund and buy the sims directly from my Chromebook on the ea website would it work then or would the same problem still occur?

Message 28 of 67 (3,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes because the problem is the chrome operating system. It will not work on a chrome book. You need windows or Mac
Message 29 of 67 (3,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually, if you add linux to your computer minecraft IS playable. 

Message 30 of 67 (3,145 Views)