Re: How do I download Origin on a Chromebook?

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do i download Origin on a Chromebook?

★★★ Newbie

I bought the sims3 game and i need to download origin to play it but it wont let me download it on my chromebook.

Message 1 of 67 (141,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do i download Origin on a Chromebook?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@rrsha3 Hi,

As far as I understand the Chromebook does neither come with Microsoft Windows nor Mac OS X. Unfortunately one of these two operating systems is required in order to install Origin and hence The Sims 3.

If you do not have any computer with those operating systems that meets the minimum requirements for The Sims 3, you may still be eligible for a refund here: http://help.ea.com/en/refund/

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 67 (153,083 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@rrsha3 Hi,

As far as I understand the Chromebook does neither come with Microsoft Windows nor Mac OS X. Unfortunately one of these two operating systems is required in order to install Origin and hence The Sims 3.

If you do not have any computer with those operating systems that meets the minimum requirements for The Sims 3, you may still be eligible for a refund here: http://help.ea.com/en/refund/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 67 (153,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It also says to find a replacement app when downloading the sims 4 so i have been looking for one. if you find one please tell me somehow

Message 3 of 67 (139,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any possible way of playing the game? I'm having the same problem and I really do want to play. 

Message 4 of 67 (136,549 Views)

Re: How do you download Origin on a Chromebook? -- You cannot do so.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Google is discontinuing further development of the Chrome OS; it would be a waste of any game developer's effort and expense to try to support it now, more than ever. 

Message 5 of 67 (136,506 Views)

★★★ Novice

im having the same problem also. i need a replacement app.

Message 6 of 67 (136,443 Views)

★★★ Novice

have you found a replacement app. because i need one also

Message 7 of 67 (136,440 Views)
Highlighted

Re: How do I download Origin on a Chromebook?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The question has been answered.  There could be no "app" that would turn the Chrome OS into a perfect clone of a Windows OS. 

Message 8 of 67 (136,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi,

i tried to download the Sims 4 but, i had to download origin so i tried  to download origin but nothing happened . how can i get the sims 4 ?

Message 9 of 67 (135,867 Views)

Re: Why can't I download Origin onto a Chromebook?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you didn't read the thread, why bother piggybacking into it? 

Chromebooks don't run a common PC operating system that is compatible with EA's major PC game titles.

Message 10 of 67 (135,866 Views)