How do I uninstall an Update from Origin?

by AriellaSnow1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I uninstall an Update from Origin?

★★★★ Novice

I normally don't play my Sims 2 or 3 while connected to the internet because I know it will mess with the functioning of my games.  But this time I forgot to disconnect the internet while playing the Sims 3 and Origin automatically updated my game and now has messed with my Mods. How can I uninstall an Origin Update without uninstalling Origin?  I still accept all updates for the Sims 4.

Message 1 of 2 (2,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I uninstall an Update from Origin?

@AriellaSnow1  You can't roll back an Origin update, or one for Sims 3 either.  If you're on patch 1.69 now—you can check the lower left corner of TS3's launcher—you're stuck on 1.69 as long as you have an Origin install.

Having said that, all script mods that are compatible with patch 1.67 are also compatible with 1.69, and vice versa.  Core mods need to exactly match your patch level, but there are only a handful in existence, like NRaas ErrorTrap and CMar's XCAS.  Were you on an earlier patch before?  If so, you'll need to get updated versions of your mods, and potentially get rid of a few that don't work with 1.69.

If you're not sure which patch your mods were made for, you can check on the creators' pages.  Each mod should have a version number, and the versions will have release dates.  Patch 1.67 was released in January 2014, and 1.69 in November 2015.  Keep in mind that the people at NRaas, as well as some other creators, have continued to update their mods, so you may be better off downloading the newest versions of everything from NRaas.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,258 Views)

All Replies

Re: How do I uninstall an Update from Origin?

@AriellaSnow1  You can't roll back an Origin update, or one for Sims 3 either.  If you're on patch 1.69 now—you can check the lower left corner of TS3's launcher—you're stuck on 1.69 as long as you have an Origin install.

Having said that, all script mods that are compatible with patch 1.67 are also compatible with 1.69, and vice versa.  Core mods need to exactly match your patch level, but there are only a handful in existence, like NRaas ErrorTrap and CMar's XCAS.  Were you on an earlier patch before?  If so, you'll need to get updated versions of your mods, and potentially get rid of a few that don't work with 1.69.

If you're not sure which patch your mods were made for, you can check on the creators' pages.  Each mod should have a version number, and the versions will have release dates.  Patch 1.67 was released in January 2014, and 1.69 in November 2015.  Keep in mind that the people at NRaas, as well as some other creators, have continued to update their mods, so you may be better off downloading the newest versions of everything from NRaas.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (2,259 Views)