Re: How do I stop Origin from opening automatically when I start Windows?(2.)

by leporid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I stop Origin from opening automatically when I start Windows?(2.)

★ Novice

So theres already a topic with the same head line but since it closed or idk i will jut make a new one because it did not served a proper solution for me!

I disabled origin to launch on startup (automatically launch it self when the windows start) but for some magical reason it keeps re-enabling it self so no matter what i does it still keeps launch on startup this starts to be really frustrating so i hop we can find a solution other then uninstall.

Message 1 of 9 (30,579 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @professor_Joksz you can change your Origin settings by opening Origin and then clicking on Origin in the top left of the screen, from here you can click Application Settings and then scroll down to your Start-up Options where you can set Origin to not automatically launch on startup.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (30,497 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @professor_Joksz you can change your Origin settings by opening Origin and then clicking on Origin in the top left of the screen, from here you can click Application Settings and then scroll down to your Start-up Options where you can set Origin to not automatically launch on startup.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (30,498 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a pretty nasty business practice to, by default, keep putting Origin back into the customer's Startup apps.

For this reason, I feel that the best solution to this problem is to uninstall Origin and install Steam, which does not do that.

Message 3 of 9 (27,423 Views)

★★ Novice

I am sorry EA Games and Origin but the average kid or parent Is not going to know how to stop the Origin Client from booting up. The average educated parent will take the client Starting up no matter what they do outside of the Client Via Task Manager or CMD prompt will view it as a Malicious Software. This is what you call invasive protocols. Viruses, Malware, Worms, Trojan Horses... all have the same characteristics. Some may hide or mask the open software and others may make it blatant. Making your client open upon startup on matter what and neglecting to tell your consumer is highly unethical. It is no wonder My Anti-malware applications have been popping Origin as malicious software or entity. I am sure this decision has prevented more than a few thousand would-be consumers from becoming such. It may have even prevented a good amount of those possible consumers from ever becoming future consumers. 

It is very easy to harm your reputation but to restore your reputation is no easy task. People or consumers, in general, are more willing to spite and break ties than to forgive. Not saying that no one forgives but the majority of those who feel betrayed won't. You only get one chance to make a first impression per consumer and if that chance is tarnished don't count on getting another chance.  

Message 4 of 9 (26,199 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I regret to say I agree with @Nightssidious. I'm a young Millennial with above average computer expertise and even a couple friends in tech service industry whom I consulted when trying to puzzle out how to stop Origin from opening on startup. Never once did I think I would have to sign into Origin and disable it from within Origin's menu, even after my computer disallowed it startup access repeatedly.

I uninstalled Origin once and hated having to reinstall it to have access to my games. I had been considering uninstalling it again and going through the tedious process of reinstalling whenever I wanted to play. To be honest, it's a little bit uncomfortable that it's even able to override decisions my PC makes for it. EA Games and/or Origin needs to correct this setting.

I know this thread is old but I really had to speak my mind on this. Thanks to those who gave info on how to disable Origin from doing whatever it wants. My hope is that my reply on this thread will make it easier for the average kid or parent Nightssidious mentions to find.

Message 5 of 9 (24,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi - could give an updated answer? there is only games in the top left

Message 6 of 9 (23,446 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same on Mac. It’s VERY annoying. 

Message 7 of 9 (19,603 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm actually having this issue with both steam and origin right now. Frown

Message 8 of 9 (7,932 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's bottom left since an aesthetic update.

Message 9 of 9 (7,931 Views)