Re: How do I set maximum download speed in origin?

by Bluntman-JP

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thank you for your candid feedback. It’s input from passionate players like you that inspires us. We hear you loud and clear and our teams are dedicated to delivering you a better experience.

We don’t have news to share now, but I can say that quality, performance, stability, and feature enhancements for our core service are key priorities for us. So while we haven't been able to satisfy your request for the download limiter as of yet, keep sending us your thoughts, we're listening.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 251 of 279 (2,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry Alex, but that is just a copy paste from what ever script is being pushed this month. There is no real sincerity in your post and it shows.  

At least apologize for the lack of effort here, something that shows you are actually a person and not just a bot going through the forums copy/pasting the corporate approved responses.

This is a 4 year old request for an extremely simple feature that every other digital distribution software has. Even uPlay which has always been terrible, has this super simple feature, and uPlay came out a year after Origin.

Why not just add this feature as a $0.99 DLC for Origin? Maybe that way it will get approved by management? Since this feels like it is the only language EA understands anymore. If you can't make a profit off it, what's the point right?

Message 252 of 279 (2,159 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with you Major_Xand3r. I am still shocked by the fact that EA still didn't implement such an easy but functional feature. 

Message 253 of 279 (1,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude, just add the feature......................

Message 254 of 279 (1,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how is being patient and waiting for a download got anything to do with reducing download speed? The idea of limiting download speed to allow other users using the same connection more bandwidth. If anything by slowing download speeds, it is being more "patient".

Message 255 of 279 (1,858 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Maj0rXander wrote:

Sorry Alex, but that is just a copy paste from what ever script is being pushed this month. There is no real sincerity in your post and it shows.  

At least apologize for the lack of effort here, something that shows you are actually a person and not just a bot going through the forums copy/pasting the corporate approved responses.

This is a 4 year old request for an extremely simple feature that every other digital distribution software has. Even uPlay which has always been terrible, has this super simple feature, and uPlay came out a year after Origin.

Why not just add this feature as a $0.99 DLC for Origin? Maybe that way it will get approved by management? Since this feels like it is the only language EA understands anymore. If you can't make a profit off it, what's the point right?

exact same post from him on the 1st page!

Message 256 of 279 (1,794 Views)

@zardozzard

Yes, literally the same, because it is marked as solution for visibility and so displayed on the first page.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 257 of 279 (1,781 Views)

EA DICE Team

@zardozzard 

To clarify on what @holger1405 stated: when a post is marked as a solution, it will appear as the second post of the thread. For example if a thread has 50 pages, the solution is still easily visible for everyone.

Lastly, we sometimes mark a post as a solution purely to increase it's visibility, but not necessarily because we consider the topic resolved.

Message 258 of 279 (2,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow.. The question/suggestion was made in 2013 and still this is not implemented. Who cares about what people want, right Wink

Message 259 of 279 (2,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Still cannot believe this hasn't been added in yet...even Uplay has it.

This would be very helpful for when someone wants to download games yet still play online, or just to stop the download from absorbing the connection for everyone else in the house if you live with people...

I don't understand why this has not been implemented yet.

Message 260 of 279 (2,177 Views)