Re: How do I download Sims 4 after purchase on a different computer?

by sita_and_ash

Original Post

How do I download Sims 4 after purchase on a different computer?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have sims 4 and plenty of expansion packs on a different computer. I am now on a different computer in the same house as the old one AND I am on the same account but I don't understand how to re-download all of the games + expansion packs I had on the other computer but SAME ACCOUNT on to this computer without buying them again.

I have...

1. Sims 4
  2. City living
  3. Pets
  4. Toddlers
  5. Seasons
  6. Get famous

I can't remember them all right now but goes to show I have ALOT.

Message 1 of 11 (7,055 Views)

@sita_and_ash  Inside the Origin app, click on My Game Library, then on the Sims 4 icon.  There should be an orange Install button.  If you have automatic game updates turned on (in Origin), the packs should all download as well; sometimes this works even if auto update is off.

If the packs don't download though, install the base game first, then look for the More tab, below the Play button.  (If you don't see these, quit Origin and launch it again.)  Click on More, and select expansion packs, then scroll through the list looking for the packs you own and can download.  Repeat for game packs and stuff packs.

If some of your content isn't showing up, clear Origin's cache and try again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (7,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went to "My game library" and there was no orange button saying download ;/ And the sims 4 tile wasn't there like on my other computer

Message 3 of 11 (7,032 Views)

@sita_and_ash  Do you have filters enabled in your library?  You can click the filter icon in the upper right corner to dismiss all of them.  You can try clearing Origin's cache on the new computer:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

You can also try typing Sims 4 into the search box; see whether the Origin app asks you to buy it again.

It's strange though that the Sims 4 icon wouldn't even be there (unless it's being filtered out).  If you own Sims 4 through Access and your new computer is a Mac, you won't be able to download it, but the TS4 icon should still be there, greyed out.

Message 4 of 11 (7,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have a mac and I am very confused as all there is in the upper right corner when I go to my game library is the exit, minimize, fullscreen/smallscreen and the +add game which just asked me if I wanna add in a non origin game or asking for a code. I will try to clear cache and get back to you

Message 5 of 11 (6,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay so I tried really hard to get the clear cache to work and I'm on windows, in the link you sent me it says that "Local CONTENT" is a folder but strangely in my folders it says only "Local" and its a XML Document. I even deleted all but the local and it still did NOT work after I restarted my computer. So far its been a flop and I may end up buying the sims 4 and all the expansion packs again when I am able too ;/

Message 6 of 11 (6,985 Views)

@sita_and_ash  I wasn't saying you had a Mac, just mentioning the possibility.  You're also looking in the correct place for the fliter icon, but I guess it might not be there if there were no games in your library.

I think you might need to get in contact with EA customer support though.  Your games shouldn't just disappear, again if you're on the same account as you are on your other computer.  A support rep can help you sort things out, hopefully without your having to buy your content a second time.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 7 of 11 (6,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need help I got so many sims packs on my x box then I installed sims on my laptop and I’m not sure how to get them all of my old builds and families are on my gallery/library but none of my packs are ...

Message 8 of 11 (5,417 Views)

@GameLilyBeee  Sims 4 and its packs don't transfer between console and PC/Mac, sorry.  If you want to play with your packs, you'll unfortunately need to buy them a second time.

Message 9 of 11 (5,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I purchased sims 4 on my phone and how do I play on a Xbox?
Message 10 of 11 (5,233 Views)