How can I speak to someone on the Account Recovery team?

by Chipaloop

Original Post

Re: How can I speak to someone on the Account Recovery team?

★★★ Newbie

Hi I need help I’m lost like I got a new ps4 my old one broke don’t cut on and I had this EA since 2013 the email is aim there’s nomore aim what can I do 

Message 11 of 30 (2,730 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jonjonb12 if you do not have access to the email on your account then the best thing to do is fill out the account recovery forum in the following help article: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 12 of 30 (2,709 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Are you serious? This form is a complete time waster. Legitimately some guy from a help desk in india takes one look at it and responds with "We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up."

EA's approach to helping it's users when issues like this is appalling. I can't believe how incompetent it's staff help desk are in this matter. It's clear you don't want to give us access to our account in the hopes we'll shill out more money for games we already own.

Do you have any real advice for recovering accounts or are you going to keep responding with useless web forms? Or do we just have to spam the forums with propaganda until we become a big enough headache to deal with properly?
Message 13 of 30 (2,650 Views)

★ Novice

twhaerhey dont eaven have a dam phone number anywhere

Message 14 of 30 (2,585 Views)

★ Novice

same thing here am geting no where

Message 15 of 30 (2,585 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if our account recovery team are unable to grant you access to an account then I am sorry to say that there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

The best thing to do in those situations is to get as much info together and fill out the form again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 30 (2,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko hello , i contacted you by chat for a problem and it disconected from your side , i could not chat again and couldn't submit my number since im algerian and can't submit my number as a us number
Message 17 of 30 (2,547 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @peanut2601 can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 18 of 30 (8,948 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After several weeks of canned answers and frustration, I ended up getting my account recovered.  The account recovery forms kept failing because someone switched my country to Afghanistan.  This caused EA's automation to fail.  If the account is yours, don't take no for an answer.  If they close your ticket, reopen it.  You may eventually get someone that will actually look at the evidence.  Good luck everyone.

Message 19 of 30 (2,465 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Chipaloop.

Just so you are aware, a member of the account recovery team investigates each account recovery request. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 20 of 30 (2,441 Views)