How can I speak to someone on the Account Recovery team?

by Chipaloop

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I speak to someone on the Account Recovery team?

★★★ Novice

My Xbox account is somehow still linked to an inactive EA.com that I made 10+ years ago.  I need it unlinked.  The email address associated with my inactive EA.com account is no longer active and cannot be restored.  (I deleted it years ago.)  I've submitted an account recovery form numerous times and I continually get the same generic response.  I keep telling them that the Gmail account no longer exists, yet they keep telling me to access the Gmail account.  Is this the twilight zone?  How can I actually work 1 on 1 with someone to get this resolved?

Every. Single. Time:

"We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up.

If you can get access to your email or share more info, let us know by filling out a new form at help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience. We know not having access to an account is frustrating. We’re extra cautious because we want all player info to be as safe as possible. Thanks for sticking with us"

CASE # - 47050668

Message 1 of 30 (8,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I speak to someone on the Account Recovery team?

Community Manager

Hey @peanut2601 can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 30 (8,846 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm in a similar situation, my PSN ID is linked to an account which i asked to be deleted last year, support keep telling me there is "no timeline for account deletion", pretty bad if you ask me.

Message 2 of 30 (8,798 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bump.

Message 3 of 30 (8,767 Views)

★★★ Novice

Account recovery team is now telling me that I have to talk to the EA Live Support team, who tell me that I have to talk to the account recovery team.  Lovely loop that i’m stuck in.

Message 4 of 30 (8,740 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just wasted another 45 minutes of my life trying to get this taken card of.  Account recovery team told me I have to talk to live phone or live chat support.  (I knew they were going to redirect me to account recovery, but I went along with it.)  45 minutes of them telling me to submit another account recovery form... *bangs head on desk*

Message 5 of 30 (8,709 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Have you heard anything back? My link for the web recovery form continues to try and direct me to the 'contact us' Link

Message 6 of 30 (8,476 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @USAFCunningham if you are being directed to speak with our live support team then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 30 (8,443 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko have you read this thread at all? lol
Message 8 of 30 (8,227 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Depressing isn't it. There hasn't been a single answer to this problem. Still locked out of my account. Unable to access the recovery form

Message 9 of 30 (8,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@USAFCunningham wow i cant believe that i filled one out yesterday for the first time [Removed by CM]

Message 10 of 30 (8,215 Views)