Horrid Download speeds

by AldrickXGladius

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Horrid Download speeds

★★★★ Novice

Origins has the worst download speeds ive ever seen on in internet.

i get constant speeds EVERYWHERE but on Origins. if it wasnt for battlefield, i honestly wouldnt even deal with them and all the headaches that come with them.

this needs to be address ASAP

Message 1 of 34 (1,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Horrid Download speeds

Community Manager

If you are having issues with download speeds @AldrickXGladius then can you try the following steps:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 34 (1,129 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If you are having issues with download speeds @AldrickXGladius then can you try the following steps:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 34 (1,130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1) The only thing running in the background was and is ever Windows 10 essential programs and Task Manager to monitor everything.

2) all devices connected are needed or they wouldn't be connected

3) my PC is always LAN connected

4) of course Origins is accepted in my firewall

5) whether or not Safe Mode is enabled or not, doesn't make a difference.

It's got nothing to do with me being an idiot or my network or my PC. I'm not the only or first person to bring this up. It just need to have some one look at it, find out what's wrong, and fix it. Hell, I don't know, ask the guys over at Steam what they do. I get a steady 100mbs with them, can download 1 gb in less than a minute and a half.

Message 3 of 34 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Novice
Nice try! Now you try it.

First Bf patch 17gig. My DL speed around 15mbit/s.
Second patch at 10gig. jumping between 200k-2.5mbit/s.
The problem is at your side.
I pay for Premier and this is killing me. Refund for bad DL speed?
Message 4 of 34 (1,114 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same,  started my upates today.   Going fine at arround 22Mb/s  then suddenly drops to under 1000kb/s  was 3 min from being done with updates.,  now it takes an aditional hour to complete...  Fix the * Throttle EA....

Message 5 of 34 (1,107 Views)

★ Novice

+1 same thing.   Tried many things, origin remains problematic concerning BFV for me at least anyways.

Message 6 of 34 (1,080 Views)

Why is the dowload so slow

★★★ Newbie

I'm downloading Battlefield V and I only get 1-3 MB/s when i should get 50-60 MB/s. I asked my internet provider if there was any problem with my internet but they said everything looked fine, so why do i get so slow download speed?

Message 7 of 34 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It's EA's fault. had same problem. their tech sent me some web site address to delete cache info then restart and it worked faster. Unfortunately I can't find the address for everyone. go into chat and complain.
Message 8 of 34 (1,024 Views)

Slow Download Speeds

★★ Newbie

My internet is absolutely fine, running as well as it can on 10MBps in Australia. Yet the origin downloader sits at around 76KB/s. How is that even possible, I have run speedtests whilst downloading and it is running fine. How are the Origin downloads optimized? Is it optimized for some other country that is nowhere near me?

Message 9 of 34 (1,154 Views)

Re: Slow Download Speeds

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your speed @BDGPerksy3.

Can you try the following steps please:

• Use a wired connection

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 34 (1,131 Views)