High School Years not downloading in Origin (PC)

by atouchofChaos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

High School Years not downloading in Origin (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I pre - ordered the new Sims 4 pack on 07/01/2022 using an EA gift card. (honestly, the money was worth it because this is something I've been wanting in The Sims 4 since before it was gifted to me in 2019.) I got the latest base game update automatically a few hours ago when I logged on. however, High School Years didn't start downloading afterwards. every time I update the game on Origin, it says: "The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe is up to date." the 'Expansion Packs' section still says: "Buy $39.99". when I checked my email to make sure I definitely had the order confirmation, I saw that I had received a new one from EA on 07/27/2022 titled: "Origin Pre-Order Billing Problem". in EA's Customer Portal, my Order History and Payment Method confirms that I pre - ordered it on 07/01/2022 using the money I put into my EA Wallet, but the purchase is labeled as 'processing' and says: "We've billed you for your order but some items may not have been delivered yet." High School Years shows up in the actual game under 'My Packs'. in CAS, though, it's faded and says: "You do not have this content." at this point, it's well over the announced release date for Eastern Standard Time. what do I do?

Message 1 of 19 (1,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High School Years not downloading in Origin (PC)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

It's sometimes possible that orders can take up to 24h-36h to fully go through and finish the process.

This is mainly dependent on which payment method was being used to place the order.

If the Pack still doesn't show up as Owned and ready to be downloaded/installed after 24h-36h, the best thing you can do is reach out to our EA Live Support team via https://help.ea.com/contact-us, so they can take a look at your account.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 5 of 19 (1,046 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue. I purchased the pack no more than 10 minutes ago. The money has been deducted from my account but its's saying I do not own the pack.

Message 2 of 19 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I saw a solution on another thread that worked for players with a console. none for pc yet, though. Frown

Message 3 of 19 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We are having the same problem on Mac, purchased and downloaded the high school expansion pack for sims 4 but when you go on the game it doesn’t show up with the other expansion packs. How are we supposed to play it? We have repaired the game but still not showing up.

Message 4 of 19 (1,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

It's sometimes possible that orders can take up to 24h-36h to fully go through and finish the process.

This is mainly dependent on which payment method was being used to place the order.

If the Pack still doesn't show up as Owned and ready to be downloaded/installed after 24h-36h, the best thing you can do is reach out to our EA Live Support team via https://help.ea.com/contact-us, so they can take a look at your account.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 5 of 19 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ours says installed but just doesn’t show up on the game with other packs 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 6 of 19 (1,039 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Leeuw thank you!

Message 7 of 19 (1,034 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi! With me I was gifted the code, I redeemed, the message saying it was mine appeared but the pack still shows up as not owned in origin and I can’t download it

Message 8 of 19 (1,002 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Cristiny18,

That seems to be a different issue than what is being discussed here in this thread.
May I ask which retailer you got the code from?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 9 of 19 (993 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeuw A friend gifted to me, but I redeemed the same way I did with other gifts
Message 10 of 19 (984 Views)