Re: High School Years Expansion Pack not Working (MAC)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

High School Years Expansion Pack not Working (MAC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have several SIMS 4 expansion packs and recently purchased the High School Years pack. It shows as downloaded and is in my game library, but when I open SIMS it's not there. I've updated the game, repaired it, shut down and restarted Origin--all I can think of. Any ideas on how to get this game expansion pack to work?

Thanks in advance,

SmileeLuv

Message 1 of 14 (1,225 Views)

★★ Novice
@SmileeLuv Same issue here. As another data point tried this on two Macs with same results. I've also ran other expansion packs without issue, only this one is causing problems.
Message 2 of 14 (1,148 Views)

@SmileeLuv  @s-express 

Please can you provide more information about your Macs. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 14 (1,108 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Here's my info:-

• Operating System (Version).  10.5.7
  • Mac model. iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
  • Processor. 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM). 8Gb
  • Graphics. Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal
  • Are you running any antivirus? No
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? No.

Games shows I'm running version 1.90.375.1220   

With thanks

Message 4 of 14 (1,031 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Could you please post your solution if you're provided with one?

Message 5 of 14 (1,014 Views)

@s-express

Thanks. Presuming you mean macOS 10.15.7, not 10.5.7? Standard smile

What is the pack showing at the main menu screen when you launch the game?

I think there were some issues with the pack not correctly showing up but thought this was now fixed. Could you run the Origin reset tool and see if that fixes it? https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 14 (1,011 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Oops,  sorry for typo on the OS Standard smile .  I've ran the reset tool,  re-installed origin and when launched it re-verified the installs.  Unfortunately it's still the same result.

There does appear to be something strange in the way the pack is showing up,  as you'll see from the attached screenshot it shows installed,  and is also listed separately for download.

Looking at the main menu screen when I launch the game it shows the game as "you already own this pack". attached screenshot for reference.  Perhaps that bug you mentioned is still around?

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 14 (1,004 Views)

@s-express

Thanks for confirming the OS Standard smile I'm going to move your thread to the Origin forum as it does seem like something is glitched with your games library. Hopefully someone there will be able to help you further.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 14 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a super fast 2022 MacBook Pro, the sims was working fine until I downloaded this and the wedding pack. My sims is so glitchy its unplayable now. It won't save, sims disappear and the prom crashes. Im disappointed. 

Message 9 of 14 (958 Views)

★★ Novice

I logged a call with EA help and got the following response:-

As per the investigation, I have found that this is an ongoing issue. Our dedicated teams are working hard on the issue to fix it at earliest. I would request you to please keep an eye on our official Website and Social media page for further updates and information. You may follow the below links for reference- 1. Twitter page link-https://twitter.com/EAHelp 2. Official website- www.ea.com or help.ea.com.

-------

Not exactly helpful as I'm out of pocket with no working expansion pack!

Message 10 of 14 (871 Views)