Hey

by hnguyen55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hey

★ Novice

Hey guys! Please help me. I have a Mac and I’m running on origin for my Sims 4 game, but for a while now there’s been an update but it won’t let me download it and a thing pops up that says to check my internet connection but everything is fine. And I’ve tried so many possible solutions but they don’t work. After one I recently tried I couldn’t even get back into the game anymore. Please please help me 

Message 1 of 3 (201 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hey

Community Manager

Hey @hnguyen55 can I ask if you are connected to wifi or using a wired connection, if on wifi can you try wired to see if makes a difference?

Alongside the steps recommend by @JanePhoenix, I would also suggest clearing your Origin cache to see if it helps.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

Open your local hard drive.

Macs have two library folders: a root level folder and a user level library folder (~). Follow the root level folder.

Open the Library folder.

You can either use the keys Command ⌘ + Shift + G or use Finder > Go > Go to Folder.

Open the Application Support folder, then open the Origin folder.

Delete the DownloadCache folder.

Empty your Trash.

Let me know if it works.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@hnguyen55 Only thing that pops up in my mind for such situations is whether Origin might be blocked by your firewall settings. Be sure to check the list of applications that are allowed through and add Origin to the whitelist if it isn't there.
Message 2 of 3 (180 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hnguyen55 can I ask if you are connected to wifi or using a wired connection, if on wifi can you try wired to see if makes a difference?

Alongside the steps recommend by @JanePhoenix, I would also suggest clearing your Origin cache to see if it helps.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

Open your local hard drive.

Macs have two library folders: a root level folder and a user level library folder (~). Follow the root level folder.

Open the Library folder.

You can either use the keys Command ⌘ + Shift + G or use Finder > Go > Go to Folder.

Open the Application Support folder, then open the Origin folder.

Delete the DownloadCache folder.

Empty your Trash.

Let me know if it works.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)