Re: Helper tool

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Helper tool

★★★ Newbie

I play origin on a Mac but for months i havent been able to play any of my games because of this annoying helper tool glitch. I have tried everything but for some reason i still cant use origin. They NEED to do something about this. I cant even reach them. I can not call them because they dont have an Australian hotline and before you say they do that one is 1800 american plus i just tried it and it said that the number did not exist and yes i tried multiple times and yes i used this website and yes im sure it said australian number. I am so pissed off right now i should be able to play my games but no. :/ Can someone help? Oh and yes i have tried the 'new updated origin' but it is not compatable with my Macbookair

Message 1 of 2 (422 Views)

Re: Helper tool

@Ariaisaweirdo  Please use this guide to clean uninstalling Origin to remove all related files from your computer:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

Restart your Mac and download a fresh copy of Origin through Safari or Firefox, so you get the correct version.  If you try to download through Chrome, the website misreads Big Sur as a very old operating system and mistakenly directs you to the legacy version of Origin, which does not in fact work in Big Sur.

When you see the helper tool prompt, be sure to enter the username and password for your computer, not for Origin.  The helper tool needs system permission to install, and the system is asking th admin (you) to allow it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (402 Views)