Re: Helper tool and password ORIGIN

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Helper tool and password ORIGIN

★★★ Newbie

Once I attempt

to log into origin it continues to ask for a helper tool followed by my computer password. I’ve never given that password out. Why would I need to provide that? And why can’t I play the sims 4. My son wanted an expansion pack for Christmas it’s Christmas now and I can’t but it. It’s been over a week with this problem. Can EA call me or help me regain access. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,403 Views)

@mrx3bflqy  What's happening is that Origin wants to install the helper tool, but it can't without admin permission, so your Mac is asking you for the password.  You'd be providing it to your own computer, not to Origin.  And there's no way around it: Origin won't run in macOS without the helper tool, and Sims 4 won't run or even install without Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (3,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try putting the computer's password in, and that should work. If it doesn't, try restarting the device maybe. Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (3,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Today I tried opening Origin to play the Sims 4 and it told be that I can't open it because someone else is using it. I looked through a lot of messages like these and came upon one that told me restart Origin, so I did. Now its asking me for the helper tool password and I have put in every single password I've ever used and none of them are working. I tried restarting my computer, no luck. I even changed my computers password, still no luck 

Message 4 of 6 (2,992 Views)

@kaelan782  You need to enter the password for your user account on your computer, or the account name and password for an admin user if you're not the admin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (2,977 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this works, just put in the password of your laptop!!!

Message 6 of 6 (732 Views)