Help

by person1151

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to connect my card to origin , but has failed 2 times, but I’m getting charged £1 for every try. I would like MY money back as this is theft, and it proves what a shower of * your company is. 

Message 1 of 4 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help

Community Manager

The initial charge @person1151 was most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (392 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Usually those authorisation charges are returned. This might well be something you're better discussing with EA customer services. You can open a ticket at help.ea.com/contact-us if you wanted to try.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i think you'll getting charged everytime becuase they wanna be sure that the Visa/Master card is not stolen, and the money will return in 24-48 ours.

Message 3 of 4 (417 Views)

Community Manager

The initial charge @person1151 was most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)