Help with logging into EA account with disabled email address

by getting_tired_00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help with logging into EA account with disabled email address

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, so yesterday I thought I could try out the new FIFA since it's been added to EA play. After paying for the service and linking it to my PlayStation account, I was prompted to log in with my EA account. I thought cool, I could keep my account progress from previous years I've played FUT, if only it was that simple..

It turns out the email I've used to register this account has been suspended and there's no way of logging into it, since you need to paste a verification code sent to that email address (I don't have an auth app linked). I thought no worries, I can request a change of email. During the live char, I was bombarded with a series of questions such as IP address, name, billing address, phone, 2 purchases from my account and the last 4 digits of the credit card used to buy them.

Here's where my problems set in, as I'd imagine a lot of users have this issue, too - for one reason or another, we don't tend/like to use our real identities online. Even after providing the correct information for 2 FIFA purchases, as well as the last 4 digits of the card (which was destroyed years ago, mind you), this still wasn't enough.

Here's something else - I gave my secret question and answer and didn't seem to have any effect. Isn't that the whole point of this question and answer? I'd say it's much easier for a potential hacker to get a hold of my name and contact info than my secret question, so why doesn't it get precedence over the rest of the stuff? I even attached a screenshot of me logging into my account on the window for sending a verification code to support my case. I shared my username in the chat, too, to no avail. I thought about giving old IP addresses that I must have logged in from, too, but I'm sure that wouldn't have helped my cause either.

Let me share you a story of a similar case a few years ago when I was trying to get possession of an old account for a certain MMORPG. I hadn't put in real information there either, I got down whatever I could but then I just provided additional information that I could remember or had access to, such as IP addresses used, account activity and stuff like that. The representative deemed it sufficient and helped me get my account back. Mind you, the information I provided then was much less than what I provided and am willing to provide here.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants to hide their identity in these types of accounts, and I won't be the last one. My question is this: do you guys genuinely think someone who knows their email, password, username, purchase history, last 4 digits of a destroyed card used to buy these games, as well as the secret question and answer is somehow not the legitimate creator/owner of the account, just because some of the personal information I chose to share when creating the account is off? Moreover, is there any chance for actual helpful support (I'm not saying the representatives in the chat were unhelpful, I'd assume their hands were just tied).

PS: If it just so happens that the progress from FUT on PC does not transfer to PlayStation (as in your account's total level), you can just tell me, we can just drop this and I'll happily create a new account.

Message 1 of 8 (16,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help with logging into EA account with disabled email address

Community Manager

Hey @getting_tired_00, please do not make multiple threads for the same issue.

For issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (16,412 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @getting_tired_00, please do not make multiple threads for the same issue.

For issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (16,413 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Its amazing how some of the ea team will reply with the same bs of go to our help center when it gives you the run around. Sounds like a lot of your customers are having an issue like this with no result of fixing it. As I am having the same issue aswell and no way to talk to someone direct about it with results
Message 3 of 8 (5,940 Views)

Community Manager

The steps to speak with our live support team are in my post above @jpinkston247.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (5,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there is no live support... 

Message 5 of 8 (2,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no phone support team and he clearly stated he went through the process thats available through the chat that doesn't work to try to remedy this situation.

Message 6 of 8 (1,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Good afternoon, I managed to solve this problem.

First I contacted Microsoft support via the xbox.com website. There I selected that I was having billing problems (Because it is the only option that allows online chat with their support). After that I requested my oldest Gamertag (Even if you never changed it, I believe a Default comes until you put in your first gamertag).

With this information you go to the EA support website (ea.help.com) and there you log in with your EA account (in my case the same email as the xbox is EA's). Select the game you are having a problem with (in my case it was FIFA 23) then select the topic "I need help logging into my Xbox account". Then the option to chat with support appears. After that I gave my oldest gamertag and my xbox email that I want to link and it unlinked this email ....@disabled.ea.com, and then I linked my xbox email.

Try following these steps and I hope it helps!
Message 7 of 8 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpinkston247 Yup there has been no help and the websites they say to go to, to get help are just sending me in circles.
Message 8 of 8 (1,211 Views)