Help pls i want to play

by Jaqueezey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help pls i want to play

★★★ Novice

So a couple of days ago, I got the Sims 4 for free and it installed normally, however when it was finalizing, it didn't stop finalizing until it said "Error: The VC + + runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. and then when I press install again, it says "finalizing 0h 0m 0s remaining" help I have tried clearing the origin cache, I've restarted my system numerous times. help

Message 1 of 17 (761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help pls i want to play

Community Manager

In that case @Jaqueezey it's worth trying to disable your firewall and anti-virus and trying the install again.

If you see the error message again then try a clean boot and install of the software: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (777 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

This issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation @Jaqueezey . It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 17 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice
that didn't seem to work. even if I run it as administrator, it says I already have it installed. It doesn't give me an option to repair.
Message 3 of 17 (726 Views)

★★★ Novice
also, I just updated origin and everything that was in my game library is gone
Message 4 of 17 (710 Views)

Community Manager

If the option to repair is not there then it's no harm uninstalling and then reinstalling it @Jaqueezey.

There was an issue for a short time yesterday where the My Game Library was quickly fixed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 17 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don't think I can uninstall it because it won't install in the first place. Also, even if I did uninstall it wouldn't I have to pay for it as the deal is over?
Message 6 of 17 (657 Views)

★★★ Novice
oh wait you meant reinstalling the file and not the game itself?
Message 7 of 17 (582 Views)

Community Manager

I mean uninstall and reinstall the VC++ file @Jaqueezey.

The issue does not appear to be related to Origin or your game but rather an issue with your VC++ install.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 17 (566 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko hi sorry i haven't replied but the repair button showed up on the vcredist_x64_vs2015 so i clicked it, restarted my system as instructed, and the game still wouldn't install :/
Message 9 of 17 (509 Views)

Community Manager

Do you see the same error message that you were previously @Jaqueezey?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 17 (494 Views)