Google account was compromised and my SWGOH was unlinked from my Google Play

by Blitzthunda

Original Post

Google account was compromised and my SWGOH was unlinked from my Google Play

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My Google account was hacked the other day and the hacker accessed my personal data, attempted to buy things with my cards. I've since secured my google account and changed all my passwords but the hacker stole my swgoh account by unlinking the account from my Google play and attaching a different swgoh account that was just a new account. So I have no way to access my swgoh account because it was linked to the hackers email. I've spent thousands of dollars over the past two years on that account and proved through receipts and identification that the account is mine as requested by EA customer service. However, after proving legitimate ownership, EA pretty much shut down and resorted to generic responses that can be found on their FAQ. Anything that requires intervention on the part of an EA rep isn't something they will do. After speaking with an EA customer service rep on the phone they simply blew me off and said that nothing could be done since the account was already linked to a Google account. When I asked why, they just kept repeating the same response that nothing can be done. Obviously the hacker knew how to exploit this since EA won't do anything about it. Again after the time and MONEY i put into this account I feel like EA is perpetuating my loss by allowing this to happen. I don't understand how they can't look at this situation and see that I was clearly hacked when my swgoh account was attached to the same Google account for 2 years (mine) and then all of a sudden it changes and I'm here reporting theft.

Again, like I said thousands and thousands of dollars was spent on this account over the past two years on in game items so I feel I'm entitled to compensation if EA is just going to blatantly refuse to help me restore my property back to me. I find it hard to behind that there is absolutely nothing that can be done..has anybody had a similar situation or does anybody know what I can do? I'm not going to just quietly accept this it's crazy. Its as if a thief robs you blind and when the police catch the thief they say "oh well since the thief already has your stuff on him there's nothing we can do" and just let him go.. In what world is this ok?

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: Google account was compromised and my SWGOH was unlinked from my Google Play

Community Manager

Hey @Blitzthunda you will need to reach out to our SWGOH support for issues such as this: https://help.ea.com/en/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-wars-g...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (228 Views)

Re: Google account was compromised and my SWGOH was unlinked from my Google Play

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I have been but they haven't done anything meaningful... Mostly deflecting and ignoring
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Blitzthunda they are the only ones who can assist with account-related issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (212 Views)