Re: Geforce Now- Too Many Computers have accessed this account's version of ...

by TermIsSped

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have done everything listed: enabled my security verification, navigated to and removed all trusted devices, restarted Nvidia Now, reentered my security code, and still get the same error.

I've spoken over the phone with EA Customer Support, and they cannot remove the lock-out, and have said they do not have a fix for the issue at the moment. They mentioned this would be a recurring problem and recommend not using Nvidia Now at the moment unless you're able to contact Nvidia and manage to lock your account to one device. However I do not know if that is possible. EA is in no way partnered with Nvidia, therefore resolving this issue doesn't seem like a priority to them, as it seems to fall more on the side on Nvidia.

Message 41 of 119 (3,940 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xXISpookIXx
From the customer support's answer, it seems that this error will not be resolved soon. I can't help but unfortunately.

For your two-factor authentication Are you choosing "Text Code" or "App Authenticator"? If you have selected one of the two, try to select "E-mail". And Leave the "remember this device" box checked while logging in every time

I don't know why this is the solution, but in my environment this is the solution.
Message 42 of 119 (3,906 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@RiverJim69 it did not work for me
Message 43 of 119 (3,846 Views)

★ Apprentice
1. Login to your EA account, navigate to "Security" tab and click on "Login Verification". Choose email, phone number or Google authentication.. EA will send you a verification code to your communication option of your choice. Complete the login verification process.
2. Under "Security" in your EA account, select "remove trusted device" next to each computer in the list. Come back and check on this occasionally and delete each virtual computer in the list, if necessary.
3. **If you have already received the "too many computers have attempted to access..." error, you have to wait the full 24 hours to attempt another login on that account.**
4. In the meantime, create another EA/Origin account. This will allow you to play while you wait the full 24 hours for your main account to be cleared for login. Follow the same procedures with this account.
5. Remember, each time you login do not check the "trust this device" box or the "remember this device" box on the subsequent login verification screen, i.e when you are asked to enter your verification code.
6. Login through Geforce Now again with your account, it will ask you to verify again via your choice (Email, phone etc..) Enter the next code, and you should have no problems.

As a note: You will have to re-verify each login! this will not permanently fix the problem or allow you to fluidly pass through the Origin login process when playing Apex Legends. However, it is a temporary workaround. Also, it is possible you will have to occasionally login to your EA account, navigate to "security" and under trusted devices, choose remove trusted devices. I have no problems cycling play between my main and backup accounts. If you need to, set a 24 hour timer each time you get the error, so that you don't attempt to login too early.
Message 44 of 119 (3,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@xXISpookIXxI also spoke to EA customer support and they claim the issue is with Nvidia, though I eventually convinced my tech support agent that it is in fact an EA/Origin issue. This is due to the nature of GeForce Now, and their use of virtual computer access, each login is technically a different machine ID. Origin sees the same account accessed on multiple devices in the 24 hour period and temporarily disables the account. Therefore, Origin/EA will have to adjust this rule somehow (or remove it entirely) in order to be fully compatible with GeForce Now. See my post above about cycling Apex play between two accounts in order to play while you wait. Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

Cheers

Message 45 of 119 (3,816 Views)

★ Novice

didn't work for me, maybe it's because i own a mac?

Message 46 of 119 (3,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

didnt work rip

Message 47 of 119 (3,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RiverJim69 Been trying this, not working for me
Message 48 of 119 (3,693 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RiverJim69 still got this problem, does anyone from ea know why the device is saved or identivied if those checkbox is uncheked?
Message 49 of 119 (3,662 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xXISpookIXx i really would like to know y ea does not trust our devices even if we enter a verification code a few seconds in previous
Message 50 of 119 (3,655 Views)