Re: Geforce Now- Too Many Computers have accessed this account's version of ...

by snipanosaveu

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@snipanosaveu Hi, I went to security and couldn't find the list of pc's.
Message 21 of 119 (7,640 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Chident13 Really? That’s strange. Try this link https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/security/ , then under my devices delete every computer on that list.
Message 22 of 119 (7,630 Views)

★★★ Novice
@snipanosaveu Clicking on that link takes me to a page that says "page not found." Am I going to the wrong settings or something? I click on the profile at the top right corner of ea.com, and then go to account settings. Am I doing it right?
Message 23 of 119 (7,625 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Chident13 Okay so go to EA.com then click on your profile picture, then account settings. There you will see a security tab and at the bottom is a list of your trusted devices.
Message 24 of 119 (7,603 Views)

★★★ Novice
@snipanosaveu It says "no trusted devices to display"
Message 25 of 119 (7,596 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Chident13 That doesn’t even make sense, unless you’ve never logged in on origin. How many times have you logged into origin via GeForce now the past week? It should keep up to 15 devices as I know. That it shows none doesn’t even make sense because even the device you used to check your settings just now should be at the top of the list.

I don’t know, but maybe you need to have 2 factor authentication enabled for any device to register.
Message 26 of 119 (7,591 Views)

★★★ Novice
@snipanosaveu I think I know whats up, I don't have two factor authentication enabled, so there are no trusted devices yet. I turned it on.
Message 27 of 119 (7,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Greetings all,

I can confirm that this works. For anyone using Geforce Now still receiving the 'Too many computers..." error, simply login to your EA account, navigate to "Security" tab and click on "Login Verification". Choose email, phone number etc.. EA will send you a verification code to your communication option of choice. Enter this code in the box. Once complete and verified, login through Geforce Now again with your account, it will ask you to verify again via your choice (Email, phone etc..) Enter the next code, and you should have no problems.

The issue is GeForce Now logs each session as a virtual computer in a different location each login, which Origin/EA flags as suspicious. No need to wait 24 hours with this method though Standard smile

As a note: You will have to re-verify each login! this will not permanently fix the problem or allow you to fluidly pass through the Origin login process when playing Apex Legends. However, it is a temporary workaround. Also, it is possible you will have to occasionally login to your EA account, navigate to "security" and under trusted devices, choose remove trusted devices. EA/Origin, please fix this issue regarding GeForce Now compatibility.

Cheers

Message 28 of 119 (87,752 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RiverJim69 Don’t forget to mention that you have to remove all previous trusted devices from the list in the security settings as well.
Message 29 of 119 (7,471 Views)

★ Apprentice
@snipanosaveu I added the edit mentioning this. Thanks for your posts, hopefully EA/Origin fixes this issue soon. :D
Message 30 of 119 (7,461 Views)