Games on my account disappeared

by EffanMaurice

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games on my account disappeared

★ Novice

So I had many games on my origin account, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, (of which i own physical copies) Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3, Dead Space, a couple games I got from Origin's "On The House" scheme, I didn't really care about anything but Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect 2 though. Yesterday I logged onto Origin, and there were no games in the account. I checked the files, and they were all still installed. I loaded up Titanfall2.exe, and Origin booted itself up asking for it's serial number. I entered the one off the physical copy and then I got rejected, due to it being used already. I got in touch with someone from the support team, on that chat thing, they told me to post here, and said that they would pass on the message to those who help out with the issues here. I spent a lot of money on Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1, and really don't want to repurchase them or Mass Effect 2, so is there any chance that this problem could either be resolved for me, or resolved with origin so I no longer have to worry about the EA games I purchase being simply erased from my account.

Message 1 of 4 (355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games on my account disappeared

Community Manager (retired)

@EffanMaurice 

It's great that you still have the game codes, which you've redeemed on the account! I believe you presented them to our live support agent during the contact? They should be recognised by the system.

Could I suggest contacting our support again and providing them with the codes? I still believe we're dealing with an accounts mix-up here.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (301 Views)

All Replies

Hey @EffanMaurice 

I'm really sorry but there's nothing that we can do on our forum to help in account related issues - apologies if you've been misinformed about that Frown

From my perspective it seems that you might have 2 different EA accounts with games and you're simply logged into the wrong one Oops And to ease your mind a little, it's not possible for the games to be deleted from player's account without their knowledge and consent. 

Do you have more than one email addresses? Is it possible that the correct account is connected with a different email? I would suggest checking that first.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (331 Views)

★ Novice

I have already checked that possibility. The only other account I've ever had for origin does use a different email. but that only has Titanfall on it. I checked it, and it does not have the games that I have lost on it. As to the fact that it's not possible for my games to disappear, I now know that it's not true. I have physical copies of two of the games, I remember playing them on the account, they are still installed, and what's more as evidence, their serial numbers do not work. It is definitely possible for the games to disappear, wether that's an error from origin or not, I just don't know how to fix it.

Message 3 of 4 (327 Views)

@EffanMaurice 

It's great that you still have the game codes, which you've redeemed on the account! I believe you presented them to our live support agent during the contact? They should be recognised by the system.

Could I suggest contacting our support again and providing them with the codes? I still believe we're dealing with an accounts mix-up here.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)