Re: Games don't launch (DA:I/Battlefront 2)

by dthompson86

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games don't launch (DA:I/Battlefront 2)

★★ Novice

So, last night I was playing DA:I just fine, but today it won't launch at all. It opens up into a black screen that's windowed in the upper left corner of my screen, and does nothing. I have to task manager it closed. Battlefront 2, also, doesn't open. It doesn't even show up, instead it becomes a hidden process that I need to close through task manager as well.

Is this happening to other people as well? I heard that this new Origin update is borking some games.

Message 1 of 8 (878 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I was able to get the games to work by completely shutting off my computer and then turning it on again. I'm still unsure why the games couldn't be launched in the first place, requiring a method like that to fix it.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (802 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@SabrieI Bumping
Message 2 of 8 (849 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SabrieI are you still seeing this issue?

I checked both my games and am able to launch and play them without any issues.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (812 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to get the games to work by completely shutting off my computer and then turning it on again. I'm still unsure why the games couldn't be launched in the first place, requiring a method like that to fix it.

Message 4 of 8 (803 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got the issue sorted @SabrieI.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it states I need a version update 76 I have 75

Message 6 of 8 (764 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GilV9 if you are being advised to update then I would recommend doing this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (740 Views)

★ Novice

Same for me....Did you resolve  this problem?

I have repaired, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled...Trying again as we speak.  PC

@SabrieI wrote:

So, last night I was playing DA:I just fine, but today it won't launch at all. It opens up into a black screen that's windowed in the upper left corner of my screen, and does nothing. I have to task manager it closed. Battlefront 2, also, doesn't open. It doesn't even show up, instead it becomes a hidden process that I need to close through task manager as well.

Is this happening to other people as well? I heard that this new Origin update is borking some games.

Game: The Inquisition

Message 8 of 8 (683 Views)