Games do not auto-update

by BrainStorm24

Original Post

Games do not auto-update

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am having the problem that games in my library do not auto update, until I go to play them, then the update starts. I do have auto-updates enabled in the Origin Client. This has been happening specifically with Star Wars Squadrons as that's what I'm playing lately, but it happens with Apex and other games as well. It's frustrating to try and play a game only to have it start downloading an update and not actually being able to play.

I have searched for a solution for this problem, and found others experiencing the same issue, but there does not seem to be a solution. Can anyone help with this?

Message 1 of 2 (384 Views)

Re: Games do not auto-update

★★★ Newbie

Just to bump and add some weight... me and all my friends have this issue too.

This was also on a now "solved" thread that was never really answered. The reply from support was to disable antivirus or firewall rules that are blocking the update. It's not that the update isn't working, it's just not happening automatically! Every other launcher I have seems to work without issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/What-is-the-point-of-Origin-if-it-won-t-auto-u...

Message 2 of 2 (248 Views)