Game thinks I need EA Play to launch, though I own it.

by M4gn0x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game thinks I need EA Play to launch, though I own it.

★★ Novice

Downloaded Redalert 3, I own the C&C Last Decade. Origin will not highlight the play button, when I go to the Dir and launch dia the .exe file it comes up with a membership or purchase the game, when I click purchase it says it's in my library.

I shouldn't have to continue buy a ea play sub just to play my games I own? Or have I missed something as I've not used Origin for a while.

Message 1 of 6 (1,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game thinks I need EA Play to launch, though I own it.

Community Manager

@M4gn0x 

If you have purchased the game, you shouldn't need an EA Play subscription. I can see that you own it. Try repairing the game through Origin with these instructions.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,436 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @M4gn0x.

I'm not seeing an active EA Play subscription on the account you're posting with. Are you trying to play on a different account that you're sure has an active subscription? If so, please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,449 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Thanks for getting back to me, I own the game so I shouldn't need a Subscription. Other C&C Games are working there just seems to be an issue with Redalert 3
Message 3 of 6 (1,443 Views)

Community Manager

@M4gn0x 

If you have purchased the game, you shouldn't need an EA Play subscription. I can see that you own it. Try repairing the game through Origin with these instructions.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,437 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Thanks a alot that worked, feel like a noob, should of tried that first. Appreciate the help!
Message 5 of 6 (1,422 Views)

Community Manager

@M4gn0x 

No worries at all. Happens to the best of us Standard smile   If you have any other issues, please let us know. Good luck and stay safe!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,419 Views)