Game Trial Won't Lanuch

by Tekmon_Xonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Trial Won't Lanuch

★★★ Novice

Hello Origin Community!

Forgive me if I've placed this in the wrong forum, but I've got a 10 hour trial of Plants Versus Zombies Garden Warfare 2, and I have the game fully installed, and every time I click to launch the game, it refuses to start. Not only that, but the trial itself won't start either. If anyone can shed some light on this situation, or if anyone can point me into the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 9 (558 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Trial Won't Lanuch

Community Manager

@Tekmon_Xonic 

Sure, if you'd like to speak with the EA Help team check out the EA Help website for some additional information on how to reach them. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (448 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Tekmon_Xonic

Is this the first time you've played the game on this account? Did you ever play it in the past as part of an EA Play membership, or did you play it in a different launcher at some point? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Kent!

Yes, this is the first time I've played this game on my account. I don't have any active memberships at this time.

Message 3 of 9 (541 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Tekmon_Xonic

Thanks for following up! When you have the chance can you try clearing the Origin cache to see if that helps at all? Sometimes issues like this can happen when there's a problem with the client's cached data. 

For more information on how to clear it check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (520 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello again Kent.

I've cleared the cache of origin, as per the instructions you provided, and I'm still having the same issue. When I click on start trial, and I click on the play now option on the popup that informs me that it's a trial, my origin window will hide itself, than reappear. Interestingly enough, it says that I last played the game today, even though it hasn't launched.

Message 5 of 9 (504 Views)

Community Manager

@Tekmon_Xonic 

Thank you for giving that a try!

I'm curious if there might be something else running on the PC that's preventing the game from launching. Can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps? If there is something else that's not allowing the game to launch that may help get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still having any trouble launching the game afterward. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 9 (475 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Kent,

I appreciate you suggestion, but I'm not comfortable with performing a clean boot. Is there a customer support line or service that I can contact for technical support? If so, I would love to know, and thank you for your time in attempting to assist me, I really appreciate it!

Message 7 of 9 (453 Views)

Community Manager

@Tekmon_Xonic 

Sure, if you'd like to speak with the EA Help team check out the EA Help website for some additional information on how to reach them. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 9 (449 Views)

★★★ Novice

Kent,

Thank you once again for all of your kind help. I'll be sure to contact them once the opportunity arises.

Message 9 of 9 (428 Views)