FrostPunk crashes pc and or just closes

by eviledvm68

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FrostPunk crashes pc and or just closes

★★★ Newbie

Hello All 

Need any help I can get. So I have tried everything I can find to fix this but nothing has worked. I meet all sys req, I have updated all drivers, changed a ton of sys settings but same thing. The game ether just closes or gives me blue screen with different errors every time. Some times I can play 10 mins other times not even 1. 

Message 1 of 9 (12,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FrostPunk crashes pc and or just closes

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thanks for all your help, I did a little more troubleshooting and actually narrowed it down to an issue with my PCIe Wifi Card. The card was not getting a 5GHZ Wifi connection reliably and was constantly losing connection which for a reason I'm unsure of would crash the game, once I switched to a 2.4GHZ connection, no more crashes and the game is smooth as butter. Thanks again!

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (12,769 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to heat that you are having issues @eviledvm68.

Can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (12,922 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I am having the exact same issue with the game. It will constantly just crash back to the origin screen. I have attached a DXdiag to this message, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 3 of 9 (12,869 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @andrewbran the first thing to try is to set all your settings to their lowest and try running the game again. Your GPU exceeds minimum requirements but is right on the line in regards recommended. 

I am seeing an issue with BEX64crashing at the same time or just before a Frostpunk crash. A Microsoft agent has a suggestion for a possible fix in this Microsoft help thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bex64-error/75ef6860-3f55-4bc0-8659-033381faea...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (12,840 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have attempted both of solutions and completed the Command Line request stated and the game is still frequently crashing back to the desktop, I've also tried and clean boot and ensuring everything I have is completed updated 

Message 5 of 9 (12,816 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @andrewbran it's no harm reaching out to the developers to see what they can recommend: http://www.frostpunkgame.com/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (12,784 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thanks for all your help, I did a little more troubleshooting and actually narrowed it down to an issue with my PCIe Wifi Card. The card was not getting a 5GHZ Wifi connection reliably and was constantly losing connection which for a reason I'm unsure of would crash the game, once I switched to a 2.4GHZ connection, no more crashes and the game is smooth as butter. Thanks again!
Message 7 of 9 (12,770 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @andrewbran.

Enjoy the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (12,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fixed!  I have had the same problem for about a week now...try to start Frostpunk and it crashes back to Origin.  My fix (found by accident) was to disable cloud saves.

1. Have Frostpunk selected.

2. Select the gear next to the orange Play box (settings).

3. Select Game Properties

4.  I disabled the box titled "Enable Origin In Game for Frostpunk"  This may or may not have been the solution.

5. Select the Cloud Saves tab and deselect the box titled "Enable cloud saves for all supported games.

6. Click on Save.

7. Start game.

This was on a Windows 10 machine.  I have no idea about macOS.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 9 (9,487 Views)