Friends status incorrect (shown online/in-game when offline)

by oyvindhauge

Original Post

Friends status incorrect (shown online/in-game when offline)

★★★ Novice

Many of my friends are shown as online and/or in-game, when I know for sure that they are offline. Their status does not update or reflect what they are actually doing. Some friends are stuck in status "online" others "in-game". I am further more not able to join them when they are in fact in game. As far as I understand, they see me correctly and are able to join me in game.

I have tried the following:

- Search Google and Answers HQ for tips without really finding a solution

- Gone off line

- Turn on "beta-mode" in Origin

- Reboot

- Clear Origin cache according to a guideline

- Uninstall and reinstall Origin

- Install Origin on a fresh computer

The problem has been here for the last two days or so, and none of the above helped. Any advice would be much welcome as it is impossible to play with friends.

Message 1 of 11 (6,003 Views)

Origin Friends List Issue

★★★★★ Novice

I came across an issue with my origin launcher, after loading the program my friends list shows most of my friends are playing Apex Legends and are within the lobby of the game. While i try to join their game it does not open into the game and they are not going offline either. I checked on my friend and it says he is offline . What should I do to repair this issue

Message 2 of 11 (6,001 Views)

Re: Origin Friends List Issue

★★★★★ Novice
@aj122526 Some one reply to this , Origin might have a bug which needs assistance into
Message 3 of 11 (5,961 Views)

Re: Friends status incorrect (shown online/in-game when offline)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having the exact same problem and have gone through the same troubleshooting with no success. Started noticing this issue two days ago. Friends who I know have gone to bed and is no longer online, is being shown as online and playing a game.

This is also affecting the ability to join parties in game, whether its directly via your friends in your friendslist but also for example, in Apex Legends after a match, one of the team mates invited me to play another match together, which I accepted but never joined. When I pressed to accept the invite, it was as if it didn't even register that I clicked accept. Tried both via the shortcut key and literally clicking the accept button. It did not register my input.

Really hope this can be resolved quickly.

Message 4 of 11 (5,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

This is an issue we're currently investigating and believe it's related to an issue effecting Apex Legends at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

EACade
Message 5 of 11 (5,911 Views)

★★ Novice
Same problem and I am not the only one among my friends who I am in contact with. Showing friends online/offline got stuck like 2 days ago and it's been the same since then.
Message 6 of 11 (5,903 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Cade this is not issue just for Apex Legends the whole Origin is affected not only Apex
Message 7 of 11 (5,901 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Anacolada,

Apologies, that was unclear - At this time we believe the issue to be related to the Apex issue.

I've clarified my original post.
EACade
Message 8 of 11 (5,884 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nothing to do with Apex Legends - most of my friends list only play Battlefront 2 and according to Origin one of my friends has been in a match of Starfighter Assault for the last 3 days straight. Either this is a widespread glitch or that's the longest game of Starfighter Assault in history.

Message 9 of 11 (5,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem, get it fixed.

Message 10 of 11 (5,544 Views)