Friends list was emptied

by Ctyber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friends list was emptied

★ Novice

Today shortly after logging in my friends list was deleted and I received a notification that another device was logged into my account. I updated my password and turned on TFA afterwards. Is there a way of knowing whether or not my account was compromised or was this some sort of bug ? 

Message 1 of 4 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Friends list was emptied

Community Manager

Hey @Ctyber,

You can check the account page here to see if any trusted devices were added from other locations, though this won't display every single login. 

It sounds like you've already taken some steps to secure your account which is great, but if you still have any doubts about what may have been accessed, please feel free to reach out to an advisor. They'll be able to look over the account just to be sure no other changes were made.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (446 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Ctyber,

You can check the account page here to see if any trusted devices were added from other locations, though this won't display every single login. 

It sounds like you've already taken some steps to secure your account which is great, but if you still have any doubts about what may have been accessed, please feel free to reach out to an advisor. They'll be able to look over the account just to be sure no other changes were made.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (447 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't find any evidence of anything being changed. There were no new trusted devices added. I've also tried getting in touch with someone on the EA help platform but I've had no luck yet getting through.

Is there any way of restoring the lost data ? Just trying to figure out if this is worth pursuing .

Thanks a lot for your help so far !

Message 3 of 4 (420 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Ctyber,

Restorations would depend on which game was accessed, and what was lost. If it was just your Origin friends list, I'm afraid that isn't something we track for privacy purposes, so that could not be undone.

An advisor should definitely be able to dig into any game losses for you, provided you're able to get in touch.

What's happening when you try to use the contact methods above?
Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (415 Views)