Re: Friends List Offline

by smoney420

Original Post

★★ Novice

I've got the same problem for the past couple of months, did you ever find a fix?

Message 11 of 18 (5,539 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

plenty of things to do, but that has nothing to do with EA, check firmware in router ?. reboot router ? wait atleast3 minute before try connect anything some are slow at this max 5 minutes,

some routers has a button that allow remote device connect to them within 1-2minute sort-off a access first time connection.

if you are gameing only remote device as tablet/phones ( laptop should use cable imo ) any gamer that play online knows this. ( and sametime dont forget phone use same device and could actual share banwide ( problem is there is no sharing its switching packet between them uless you have dual wifi 2 diffrent frequency ) so this is your own faulth if you have wifi and dont know its limits.  i know i know many user dont know such not really my problem. ( true hardcore gamer will never play online games on wifi, every person that move between the units could actual block the signal. and thast is why ( building constrution material can effect output and signal bounces on walls and doors, wifi is a DEAD solutions for a gamer end of story.

maybe you knew all this, but again i dont think so, try see bandwide on phone with app or use gui on router "measure wifi bandwide"

i even had a tablet with wifi analyzer, this is helpfull on remote locations because SO much BS from people that dont know jack and *, and it easy to see and use to discover low signal or throughput. ( dont trust phones own signal strength they lie as hell is programmer to show a better connect then it actual is. its a average meter not realtime connection. )

and ofc not have program running that use bandwide sametime you try play a game and connect to friendlist, i bet its bandwide issue's

household status

person that has access and number of device can harm your connect and send it to Zero. ( and depend on where you live and if open network on wifi then public could use your bandwide )

the more wifi in area the lesser range

Message 12 of 18 (5,517 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue on my ATT uverse connection for over a year. If I go somewhere else or use the hot spot on my phone I am fine. 

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this I can not find anything.

If anyone has found a solution I would be most grateful.

Message 13 of 18 (5,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have suffered from this problem, and I reset my router, the problem was solved.

Message 14 of 18 (5,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Reinstall origin, worked for me

Message 15 of 18 (3,506 Views)

★★ Novice

none of this works im tired of origin i cant play my games because your client is trash this has been going on for 4 years now.  you all over there now to close this down and partner up with a steam or whatever or copy there blueprint cuz this aint working.  id like to be compensated as well or im suing you goes for this unresponsive service we are getting.

Message 16 of 18 (3,454 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here.  It worked fine, then it stopped. Got cable. Cancelled my subscription until I can play with friends again, i suggest the thousands of other people with the same issue do the same since this is not getting fixed until then.

Message 17 of 18 (3,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Sputnick587You found a solution yet? I'm having the exact same problem since yesterday even though I play on ethernet.

Message 18 of 18 (1,106 Views)