Friend notifications not working

by P0ppleton

Original Post

Highlighted

Friend notifications not working

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the last Origin update the little pop up notifications for when a friend signs in, signs out, starts a game etc are not working, I get the audio sound but not the pop up notification.

I have checked the settings and everything is switched on, I have even re-installed Origin but this has not solved the issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (1,310 Views)

Re: Friend notifications not working

★★★ Novice

This post helped me and I confirmed Client 10.5.41 origin overlay works, and if I upgrade to 10.5.45 (auto update) it breaks origin overlay. https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/crd2tf/login_unavailable_another_fix_that_doesnt_involve/

Note to prevent the auto-update I had to set origin not to start up with windows and to start origin using a short-cut with the /noUpdate at the end. ie.Origin.exe /noUpdate

1. install 10.5.41 client. with these options uncheck start with windows, uncheck auto update origin client and game updates.

2. close the login prompt.

3. edit the origin desktop shortcut.

4. run the origin desktop shortcut.

5.login to the client and check the Help->About to make sure you are still using 10.5.41.27263-0

6. play your games, overlay should be working.

7. you will need to start origin from shortcut every reboot so until they have a fixed origin client I would just use this for now.

8. enjoy.

Message 2 of 6 (1,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I can confirm this is also happening to myself and a couple other online friends. Any ETA on this EA?

Message 3 of 6 (1,215 Views)

★★ Novice
@P0ppleton same for me
Message 4 of 6 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Novice

Overlay seems to work again in Version 10.5.46 !!! Try the auto-update again and see if it works for you.

Message 5 of 6 (1,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey OP, did you find a solution? I used the older origin version to fix it, but now there is a mandatory update and my notifcations are broken again. :/

Message 6 of 6 (882 Views)