Force Unleashed 2 refuses to start

by Mozarthecat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Force Unleashed 2 refuses to start

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so, I've downloaded The Force Unleashed 2 a while back when it first came out in the vault, and it's never been able to launch properly. 

I open the program, a black screen pops up, I hear what sounds like a lightsaber noise and a weird 'eh' like someone was jumping around with the lightsaber, which I'm assuming is the logo/intro, but the screen is still completely black, then it just stops, the black screen is no longer in full-screen mode and then goes away. 

I've tried having origin repair the game, I've tried setting the compatibility to SP3 like a forum post on steam suggested, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling about six times, I've tried updating the game, I've tried restarting my computer before launching it, I've tried running as administrator, I've tried changing the screen resolution, I've tried tinkering with services while trying to open up the game in case any other programs were interfering but no cigar. 

I'm on a dell laptop using windows 7, everything is fairly updated and my computer has never had any problems running the Force Unleashed 1, or any other games I've gotten from Origin. 

I'm not too tech savvy so I apologize if any other information is needed to help with the problem. 

Message 1 of 9 (5,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Force Unleashed 2 refuses to start

Community Manager

Hey @Mozarthecat sorry to see that you are having issues.

As STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed II isn't an EA game then it may be a case that you need to speak with the team behind the game. That said, we can take some time to go through some basic troubleshooting steps to see if we can't get it working.

I know in the past that I have seen people report that disabling desktop composition can help with issues relating to the game crashing.

Can you try disabling it to see if it helps:

• Click on Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System
  • Click on the "Advanced system settings"
  • In the System Properties window, go to the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button (Performance section)
  • Uncheck "Enable desktop composition"

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (5,162 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Mozarthecat sorry to see that you are having issues.

As STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed II isn't an EA game then it may be a case that you need to speak with the team behind the game. That said, we can take some time to go through some basic troubleshooting steps to see if we can't get it working.

I know in the past that I have seen people report that disabling desktop composition can help with issues relating to the game crashing.

Can you try disabling it to see if it helps:

• Click on Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System
  • Click on the "Advanced system settings"
  • In the System Properties window, go to the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button (Performance section)
  • Uncheck "Enable desktop composition"

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (5,163 Views)

★★ Novice

i also seem to have the same issue. i tried the fix u suggested but cant find any desktop composition on it (win 10)

Message 3 of 9 (4,416 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @abraham54 what options do you see when you follow the steps above?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (4,389 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko Hey, Im having not really a similiar Issue but, my problem is that the game crashes everytime the 2nd mission starts after i defeated the 2 big at-st on Kamino.

Message 5 of 9 (4,233 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @APonmyleft the best thing that I can recommend is to try the steps I posted above and if the issue continues you will need to speak with the game's developer/publisher for further assistance.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (4,196 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko i already tried it, but it didnt work Frown thanks for the fast response anyway.
Message 7 of 9 (4,163 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @APonmyleft if it is still not working then I would recommend reaching out to the developer/publisher for further assistance.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (4,081 Views)

my game keeps crashing as im playing and now will not get past a load screen.

★★★ Newbie

My game kept crashing as I was playing it, and now it wont get past the load screen after a cut scene. It just keeps freezing and then crashing on me. Im trying to play Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2.

Message 9 of 9 (3,637 Views)