Fonts on High Def Screens

by petrakid1

Original Post

Fonts on High Def Screens

★★★ Newbie

Are you EVER EVER EVER going to fix the Origin App for PC to function on larger high definition screens.  As it is now, I simply cannot see the top menu for the life of me unless I pick up my keyboard and walk about 8" from the screen.  Other text is also quite small, but better.  I can do compatibility changes to make the app work on high def screens, but the app always shows me the error informing me that it's running this way.  You've updated the app like 6 times since I last asked about this and you still haven't fixed this issue.  Every other app I run (Battle.net, nVidia apps, etc.) work fine, as well as apps like TukUi which updates addons for World of Warcraft (which only a couple of people manage).

As more and more people use larger and larger screens to play games, you NEED to keep up! Fix this font size issue please.

Message 1 of 2 (328 Views)

Re: Fonts on High Def Screens

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @petrakid1

If you're in 4K / windows 10  follow these steps ;

First thing to do turn on Origin beta updates https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-do-i-opt-in-to-origin-beta-updates/

After that close Origin , then right click on the Origin icon on your Desktop- > select  Properties / Compatibility,scroll down,press Change high DPI settings.Now check->Use this seting to fix scaling problems for this program instaed of the one in Settings (here leave the default setting, do not change anything ->I signed in to windows )

Now check Overide high DPI scalling behaviour( here change in -> System )

Press Ok .

Now follows the same steps for - > Change settings for all users and i think you should be fine mate Wink.Thumbs up

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 2 (307 Views)