Re: FIFA 21 update loop

by EA_Jason

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 21 update loop

★★★ Novice

Hi. FIFA 21 is stuck in an update loop for the last THREE Title Updates (9, 10 & 11). The ONLY solution so far is deleting the Origin files from my system as described in the link below. I think that this shouldn't be happening and could be investigated. I and anyone having this case shouldn't have to do this in every Title Update.

Clear cache to fix problems with your games

Message 1 of 25 (5,352 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA SPORTS FC Team

I just had a look @Dirwulf and this should now be fixed with the latest update for Origin. 

Please let me know if you're still running into this. 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 25 (5,257 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Than_K_84 Can you go into further detail about how it gets stuck? Does it stay on initialize, ask to update every time you launch Origin, etc.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 25 (5,310 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. Exactly that. After the update every time I launch Origin it starts updating and can't launch the game even though it was updated. It keeps saying that I need to update the game in order to play. The only thing that fixed it is the steps I mention in the link. But I think there should be a permanent solution and not having to do that every time there is an update.

Message 3 of 25 (5,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue for update 10 and 11.

Message 4 of 25 (5,274 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I still have the issue! bs

Message 5 of 25 (5,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OK, it happened again. I got into the game and it said an update is available. This is how I realized last time it was doing it again. I have to exit the game and go to the game library in Origin and right click on the title and click update, for the title to update. It's not auto updating even though I have it set to auto update. In fact, Northgard was downloading just fine. And then it goes into the update loop the next time I try to start the game. I then I have to delete all the files in the solution the OP linked to to get the game to start.

Message 6 of 25 (5,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_IlliumStill happening. I tried "Repair" and when it finished there was another update (11.1 I think) and I had to clear the cache again. I feel there should be a permanent fix. Other users had the same problem.

Message 7 of 25 (5,164 Views)

Community Manager

@Than_K_84 Thank you for updating, 

Everyone having this issue, can you check any running security software and allow Origin and FIFA through it to see if this continues? 

If so can you try in a Clean Boot, and see if opening and closing Origin while in a clean boot causes this to happen?

@Dirwulf @sedgamingyt pinging to get this update. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 25 (5,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's still doing it with the latest update. I had hope too as Origin also updated. I saw the message last night that there was a title update as I was exiting the game. So today I did the clean boot and when I launched Origin, FIFA 21 did not update. I had to right click on the title in the game library and select update for it to update, just like all the previous times. And now it's stuck in the update loop. I'm going to have to clear the cache again.

I do not have any anti virus running except Windows Defender and FIF21 is allowed. There is no option to allow Origin. Origin does not appear in the list.

Message 9 of 25 (5,076 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @Dirwulf,

Would you happen to use EA Play Pro?

If so, then I might have some tips for you that work. @EA_rephii highlighted this workaround to me and I wonder if this works for you too:

• Right click the game in library -> Update Game.
  • Then close Origin - Clear Origin Cache.
  • Reboot Origin and it should work.
Jason.png
Message 10 of 25 (5,043 Views)