FAQ - EA Games on Steam

by Straatford87

Original Post

FAQ - EA Games on Steam

EA DICE Team

Having trouble linking your EA account? Use this FAQ to help troubleshoot issues you may have with your EA games on Steam.

WHAT EA GAMES ARE ON STEAM?

We’re frequently updating our Steam catalog. Check out our Steam store page for the most up-to-date list.

LINKING YOUR ACCOUNTS

1. You only need to link your accounts the first time you play an EA game on Steam.
  2. Sign into Steam.
  3. Launch an EA game from Steam by clicking Play.
  4. Install Origin if you haven’t already.
  5. Origin will launch and ask you to link your Steam account and your EA Account.
  6. Log in to Origin using your EA Account info or create a new EA Account.
  7. Steam will install your game and let you know when it’s ready to play.

Note: You can only link one Steam account to one EA Account, so make sure you choose the right EA Account to link to.

Unlinking accounts

Want to unlink your Steam account? Contact us for help.

INSTALLING EA GAMES THROUGH STEAM

1. Once you’ve linked your accounts and installed your first EA game through Steam, installing future games gets a lot easier:
  2. Sign into Steam.
  3. Go to your Library.
  4. Select the game.
  5. Click Install.
  6. Click Next on the pop-up window to install the game.

HOW DO I PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS?

Origin-required games

You can tell if a game is Origin-required if it says it “Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.”

For games that need Origin but you bought them on Steam, you’ll need to add your friends on Origin to play with them. You won’t be able to add friends on Steam.

Steam-native games

Native games on Steam don’t need Origin to launch, but you can only play with friends on the same platform as you. For example, if your friend is playing on Steam, you’ll need to play the game on Steam too.

Cross-play games

Cross-play games can be played on Steam or Origin, and you can play with both Steam and Origin friends at the same time! 

To invite friends, you’ll need to add them in-game.

What about game invites?

You can only send game invites between Origin accounts.

GOT QUESTIONS?

Do I always need Origin to play EA games in my Steam library?

You may need Origin to launch some EA games from Steam.

When you do, Steam will tell you the game needs to be launched using a third-party DRM and will show Origin software installation in the system requirements.

If I buy a game on Steam, can I buy DLC for that game on Origin?

Yep! You can buy DLC both on Origin and Steam.

If I buy a game on Origin, can I buy DLC for that game on Steam?

For Origin-purchased base games, you’ll need to buy all DLC in Origin.

I'm an Origin Access subscriber. Do I get my 10% subscriber discount on Steam?

No, the Origin Access subscriber discount only applies to purchases made through the Origin platform, and to in-game purchases through games originally purchased through Origin.

Can I earn Steam Achievements and Trading Cards with EA Games?

You won’t earn Steam Achievements for our games, but you can still build out your Trading Card collection. Learn more about Trading cards on Steam.

Can I use Cloud saves?

You can’t use Cloud saves for EA Games on Steam.

More questions? Full details are available via EA Help.

Message 1 of 1 (29,936 Views)