Extremely frustrating account recovery issue.

by II_HH94_II

Original Post

Extremely frustrating account recovery issue.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I am having an extremely frustrating issue in which i've tried to contact EA through their case system, on the phone and via their facebook page but there has been no help/support despite being a longtime member and having an account for 9 years and being a longtime supporter of the company.

I have recently lost access to the email account attached to my EA account. As a result of this, I have tried to login to my account in order to update my email address however everytime I try to login i'm held up at the login verification screen. Unfortunately, the login verification can only send security codes to a) my old email and b) a phone number which is no longer active and therefore I am stuck.

After contacting EA through multiple channels of their support systems and explaining to them I can provide them with membership dates, my original public ID and email, purchase dates for items such as FIFA points and even card details to validate that, they have all directed me towards the account recovery webform process. No problem, I can totally understand why considering it is a security issue.

However, i'm currently trying to through this link: http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form and whenever I do and I fill in my initial details i'm brought to a page which has recommended support options i.e. contact numbers for helplines and scheduling alternative support such as a call back. So I can't even access the webform.

I have now attached an image to show what i'm getting from the link. I have tried resetting my cache.

I would also like to add that at the moment i'm automatically logged into the EA account on my console. So i wont lose it for now... however I can not login to my ea account in future or use the companion app as an example.

Is there anyone here that can help me or give me any suggestions. I would have no qualms making a new EA account if it werent for the fact i'd be losing my Fifa level and 9 years progress which would give me a majorly unfair disadvantage come the new FIFA for ultimate team.

Message 1 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: Extremely frustrating account recovery issue.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Me too, EVERYTHING is same, i contacted them 7 times, but always i get stuck on the same link. Today i can ONLY call them, but i live in Serbia. I couldn`t write last 4 numbers of credit card because my friend went to live in Germany so he dropped his phone in the water. I dont have his number anymore, so found him on Facebook. But i cant type my issue because i can only call them by mobile. Devil

Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Extremely frustrating account recovery issue.

★★★ Newbie

Hey i think to i found something. Try to find your account by typing its name, if you found it, then try again with advisor, but go to CANT LOG IN. If you still have problem with call on phone, wait for some days. I WILL TRY IT TOO!

Message 3 of 3 (272 Views)