Extremely dissatisfied with EA Play and Customer Service

by silencehaslease

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extremely dissatisfied with EA Play and Customer Service

★★★ Newbie

I purchased a month of EA Play on Steam last month and it was set to expire today. Because of this, I was playing Battlefront 2 yesterday to complete the campaign. I had three missions left but as you know, even if you have the game on Steam, it still requires Origin to launch. Well that is unfortunate because yesterday Origin was having it's "Upstream" issue and not launching any games. I believe the issue is fixed now but it is too late to do anything about my subscription. I contacted EA about this and they told me they could not do anything and that I should contact Steam.

How can you offer a service that does not work?

I requested a day's extension to my subscription so that I can complete my campaign in BF2 but was told this is not possible. So I have paid for a subscription service that does not work and am at a loss for it.

When I mentioned this to the first customer rep, she abruptly ended my chat! I was incredulous and started another chat where I submitted a complaint to another staff member. I have been given no evidence if my complaint will be addressed in any way as it seems the customer service reps are the gatekeepers in that regard.

I will contact Steam about the subscription issue but am almost certain they will not be able to do anything.

I am really dissatisfied with this service from EA.

If we purchase a subscription service for a month then that service should at the minimum be expected to work for that month and if there are delays or problems with the service, then extensions should be granted to PAYING customers.  

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Extremely dissatisfied with EA Play and Customer Service

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @silencehaslease.

If looking to extend your EA Play membership that was purchased on Steam then you would need to speak with Steam support.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (620 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @silencehaslease.

If looking to extend your EA Play membership that was purchased on Steam then you would need to speak with Steam support.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (621 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thanks Darko. I have contacted Steam about this. It is not their problem though because it is Origin that is required to launch EA games even when they are installed on Steam and it was Origin that had the issue yesterday. Cheers.
Message 3 of 4 (618 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to help @silencehaslease.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (613 Views)