Re: Expansion pack that should be on sale - isn't

by KristinaBubbles

Original Post

Expansion pack that should be on sale - isn't

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, I noticed this problem in the game.

I believe it was yesterday (August 15th, 2019) when all of the expansion packs (except Island Living) were put on a 50% sale. However, when I try to buy Get Together or City Living, even though their little icon in game says 50% off, when the separate window where you actually have to buy them opens up, it says those 2 packs are not actually on sale.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to write this, but I hope someone will still be able to help me.

Message 1 of 9 (1,004 Views)

@KristinaBubbles  I've moved your post to the Origin tech section, since the issue is with Origin and not Sims 4.

Could you take a couple of screenshots of what you're seeing?  Origin is showing the correct price for me, both on the website and in the app, right up to the point where it wants my PayPal info.  If you're on the Origin website, try clearing your browser cache, or using a private window.  For the Origin app, try clearing its cache (Windows) or running the Origin reset tool (macOS).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (976 Views)

★★ Novice

There you go, 2 screenshots.

Message 3 of 9 (964 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue i wrote about here isn't fixed (trying to buy the expansion pack through the game itself) BUT I did manage to buy it by going through the Origin app on my desktop. Thank you for your help Standard smile

Message 4 of 9 (958 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @KristinaBubbles.

It's great to hear that you were able to buy the expansion at the sale price! We're looking into what's going on with the in-game pricing differences so no hiccups occur for others. Standard smile

Thanks for reaching out!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 9 (944 Views)

Advertised Price

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get To Work Vampires, Parenthood, Strangerville Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go to purchase "Get Together" through the main menu, it says 50% off on the menu, but when you click on the icon to purchase it changes back to 40$
What happens when the bug occurs? When you go to purchase "Get Together" through the main menu, it says 50% off on the menu, but when you click on the icon to purchase it changes back to 40$
What do you expect to see? I expect to have the pack be 50% off, costing 20$
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have any screenshots avaliable.

Message 6 of 9 (962 Views)

Re: Advertised Price

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lolo989899 Merged your post with another thread on the issue.

Please see EA_Arrenai 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (915 Views)

Sale not registering with City Living

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to purchase City Living and find yourself having to pay full price during the sale.
What happens when the bug occurs? City Living is full price instead of half price.
What do you expect to see? A half priced City Living
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would like to purchase City Living at 50% off, but when I go to buy it, it does not have 50% off.  

Message 8 of 9 (895 Views)

Re: Sale not registering with City Living

Hero
@sara2ophelia Merged your post with another thread on the issue.

Please see EA_Arrenai answer above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (884 Views)