Every time BFV updates it downloads and update for Battlefield V trial as well

by Huckjamm

Original Post

Every time BFV updates it downloads and update for Battlefield V trial as well

★ Novice

Whenever there is an update to BFV it downloads the same update twice one for the bfv trial and one for the full game that I own. I can't get it to stop, there is no bfv trial in my origin library if I search for it it doesn't exist, if I choose to show hidden games it doesn't exist. It's not in my library yet every time there is an update I download the update for the trial version and then for the full version this last one was a 26 gig update. This is beyond infuriating!

I've deleted the bfvtrial.exe from the origin game install directory and I've even changed the BfvTrial.exe file to a random .exe and turned read-only access on so the update couldn't overwrite the .exe and it still insists on downloading an update to a trial that doesn't exist. I've tried these things among many other things and nothing changes.

Guys what do I need to do to fix this I can't keep downloading 25gb+ updates for a trial that doesn't exist in my library there is another thread about this where one of your support staff says don't worry about it its not a big deal but it is when your on limited bandwidth and your updating huge trial games that don't exist. How do I stop this trial that I don't even have from downloading an update an go back to just updating the full version only?

Message 1 of 3 (975 Views)

Re: Every time BFV updates it downloads and update for Battlefield V trial as we

EA DICE Team
Hey @Huckjamm, Thanks for the information!

After the update on the main game is done, does it start to actually download the update or just speeds the download?

/Atic 
Message 2 of 3 (952 Views)

Re: Every time BFV updates it downloads and update for Battlefield V trial as we

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.

Today is especially weird because the download of the main game worked properly until it stopped at 10.2G out of 10.64G with an error.

When i restarted it it announced me that i had downloaded 2G out of 31.44G for the main game.

On the next restart of the download, the trial version is back and is now updating instead of the main game Disappointed

Is there a proper way to make sure i dont have to download 30G every time an update comes up ?

Message 3 of 3 (915 Views)