Every EA game tells me my account is invalid and I can't play online

by gionta22

Original Post

Re: Every EA game tells me my account is invalid and I can't play online

★★★ Newbie

I'm also in this situation with a yahoo email address that I closed years ago. I've sent 3 forms off and had the same generic answer back each time. I've also had a long conversation via twitter and their suggestion is I should just change my PlayStation gamertag. This is a crazy situation and could be resolved so easily by just allowing me to log out of my ea account in games and setup a new one. 

Message 11 of 33 (2,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you fix this problem ? 

If not i am starting to collect evidence also and i want to bring this maybe to small claim to get all my money back .. i have about 10 ea game at 80$/each. This is so stupid because its could literally take 5min for them to fix the problem. But they make it impossible to fix.

Message 12 of 33 (2,154 Views)

Community Manager

Hey  all, for account recovery issues you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 33 (12,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@liljon0705 Let me know how you get on, not been able to play online for 2 months, cant recover my old hotmail i set up 17 years ago, so cant play ea games, ridiculous has anyone got this sorted cas its * me off
Message 14 of 33 (2,058 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Thuggishpuma the best thing to do is to speak with our live support team in relation to this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 15 of 33 (2,056 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Gonna keep spewing the same copy and paste message or actually give us help? Because my threads the same thing and I’m STILL having this issue. I’ve been looking at threads for days and all I see if to talk to one of the agents but the agents turns around and Tells us nothings wrong, reset are password and continue trying! Seems people having “continued trying” for almost 7 months and still no fix. Terrible customer service and the threads are just as worse. No help what so ever.
Message 16 of 33 (1,969 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @xRangerSimone we are unable to assist with account-based issues on AHQ.

For any account issue, you will need to speak with our live support team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 33 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Dude can't you read, almost everyone has done this & still isn't working. Don't post suggestions the game even tells us to do, IT DOES NOT WORK
Message 18 of 33 (1,912 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SupremeCreamPi if our live support team has advised you that they are unable to assist then there is no other team who can.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 19 of 33 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bought a xbox series x for this Christmas. Kids play a lot and I have played some during the years. Upon logging in to my Microsoft account on the xbox and chose to play Fifa 20 online a screen pops up saying a need to enter the public id and the email address prefilled (cannt be changed) is an old email I have't used for years and is not even available any longer since this ISP is gone. The domain does not exist. I cannot remember when I set this up some 10 years back and EA refuse to change it to my existing microsoft mail. Why? I don't know they do not tell me. I have submitted more info to EA agents than to my employer. I have tried all I can but they just say no. One of the questions I must ansbwer according to EA is purchase dates of two games. I tell them that at the time we had an xbox 360 and games were bought by us on CD's in a store. I do not have paper receipts for xbox games bought 5-10 years ago. So current situation is that EA says "no" without any interest to fix this and we cannot play ea games on our new xbox. Is this acceptable?

I truly do not understand this. And furthermore, the old email that no longer exist is popping up on MY Xbox screen (picture submitted to EA). How can that old email be on my screen if it is not my email to begin with. But EA agents just says "no". I have tried to talk with ea 4 times and spent some 10 hours in chat giving them any and all info that I have but they just say no.

To me, this case is not managed correctly, it is unlogical and makes absolutely no sense. Money spent on EA games are apparantly nothing they cara about, nor do they care that I cannot get pass this screen on our new xbox to play ea games since this old email is "linked" to my Microsoft account. I keep telling them that and since that old email is linked to MY Microsoft account on MY screen it is my old email but they will not change it so I can unlink or relink to the existing ms account which apparantly is needed to play online.

If someone at EA is reading this, please advise. THIS cannot be the endgame.  

Message 20 of 33 (1,864 Views)