Error when installing Origin: 14:-7

by captainyolo17

Original Post

Re: Error when installing Origin: 14:-7

★ Novice

I know this is necroing the thread a bit but I'm having this issue too and I've done everything recommended here.

this is driving me crazy... can I atleast know what the error code means, in the first place?

Message 21 of 51 (3,577 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Undead_Unicorn12

Hi,

This is a regular Origin error code so it can pop up at any time - don't worry about the necro!

The issue itself is related to the Origin update service (in this case, failing to run). To double-check, have you tried the two solutions listed here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin/td-p/5946935#OriginErrorCodes

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Message 22 of 51 (3,566 Views)

★ Novice

Actually, I got so frustrated that I went straight to a origin live helpdesk!

Turned out the issue was that I needed to disable all my start-ups on task manager.

(this actually fixed my issues on steam, too, but this isn't the place for that.)

Message 23 of 51 (3,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not working 4 me...

Message 24 of 51 (3,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

really works ! thanks

Message 25 of 51 (3,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried everything on this thread but it didn't work. What's annoying is that it was working fine like earlier this morning, then my sims launcher welcome page won't come up, then it kept saying my password was incorrect. So I reset it, but it still wouldn't let me log in to Origin. Well, actually, it went to the "Well that didn't go as planned." So I signed it out, then it wouldn't let me back in. It kept saying "Cannot connect to Origin server, please try again in a few minutes." Then I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling, but now it won't install, because it says that error message. I tried all the steps, flush DNS, even the clean boot, now it just says "error loading webpage Frown

Origin error.jpg

Then I remembered I didn't run as admin, so I did, but now it's back to the error 14:-7. Help. I only have Sims 3 to entertain me these days, I haven't even gotten around to Sims 4 yet. Frown

Message 26 of 51 (3,466 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin kept going offline and go online didn't worked( I was able to login) ,I have tried everything available on this planet but nothing fixed it.

1.Proxy thing was already unclicked in internet option

2.Disabled firewall and antivirus

3.restarted computer

4. deleted origin cache

Only way to make it work was shutting down modem and restarting it after 10 minutes so it changes IP ADDRESS ( i have dynamic ip)

then it worked sometimes sometimes it didn't . 

I tried reinstalling origin but now I am getting 14:-7 error and cant install it.

This is worst software i have used...wasted a lot of time .

Message 27 of 51 (3,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try going to your internet settings (wifi probably) and go to the proxy section. one of the boxed may be there by default

Message 28 of 51 (3,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My friend, I am from Brazil and after much trying and doing everything that was on the site, I had already realized that something could be blocking my connection from ORIGIN, due to that I did the Internet routing from my cell to my Note, and clicked in install quickly I went to the next screen without any error, then I came back with my internet from home. Sorry the English Standard smile

Message 29 of 51 (3,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks A bunch I had this problem and you solved it! 

Message 30 of 51 (2,969 Views)