Re: Error when installing Origin: 14:-7

by Mugwumpus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error when installing Origin: 14:-7

★★★★ Novice

I cannot finish installing Origin in Windows 10 machine. I ran as administrator and under compatibility mode. Also turned off firewall.

I receive the message that "Could not connect to Origin Services. You need to be connected to the internet to get the latest version of Origin. [blah blah] error codes: 14:-7"

Message 1 of 51 (61,837 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Solution 1 by @RedSociopath:

i also had this problem but i have fixed it now whether by fluke or not i dont know but what i did i was i deleted all past download attempts and then emptied my bin and i tried redownloading and that worked so i dont know good luck  

Solution 2 by: @xcocoaxlocox:

I actually found the solution. Go to your internet options, then to connections. Click LAN settings and un check the box proxy serve. Click OK and that would let origin connect. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 51 (75,244 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

That looks like something is preventing Origin from connecting to the internet.

Please do aClean Boot.

Disable any firewall and antivirus that may not be disabled on a clean boot.

Try to install Origin again.

Let us know if you get it installed.

Message 2 of 51 (61,763 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@captainyolo17 Do you have any ad blocker programs running, any virus programs other then what comes with Windows 10. Are you running Windows 10 in a compatibility mode? Is Windows 10 up to date?

Message 3 of 51 (61,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Roberta591. Thank you so much for taking the time to concern yourself with my problem.

1. Do you have any ad blocker programs running, any virus programs other then what comes with Windows 10

No. I turned everything off or disabled everything. Also, added the installer to the firewall rules.

2. Are you running Windows 10 in a compatibility mode?

I tried it under compatibility Windows 8 and 7. Exactly the same result

3. Is Windows 10 up to date?

As of today, both Windows and the graphics driver are up to date.

I wish someone could tell me exactly what the code meant. When I reached EA customer support, they made me add another admin account, which I did, and it didn't do anything to solve the problem.

Message 4 of 51 (61,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ea plz help...can't play fifa 17 

Message 5 of 51 (61,666 Views)

Origin not working error code 14:-5

★★ Novice

Hey, I've had this issue for about a week

1: Whenever i launch origin the homescreen, library etc do not load and i just see the loading icon go round and round, as such i can't play any of my games. 

2: The origin website does not load either and i see the same loading icon go round and round on it too. I've tried it on multiple browsers now.

3: When i try reinstalling origin(complete reinstall after deleting the registry, cache etc) the installer says "could not connect to Origin services" and i get the error code 14:-5

Origin does work like randomly 5% of the times if i try it enough times one day, the installer works too if i try for long enough (day or more) ive uninstalled my antivirus(AVG) and completely disabled firewall. ive contacted customer support a bunch of times too all of which i troubleshooted and origin worked temporarily again before having this issue again. I'd love a developer or someone to help me at this point cause i really need to get back into BF1 

Message 6 of 51 (61,256 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done a clean boot multiple times it has no affect, tried reinstalling origin too to no avail Frown 

Message 7 of 51 (61,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Solution 1 by @RedSociopath:

i also had this problem but i have fixed it now whether by fluke or not i dont know but what i did i was i deleted all past download attempts and then emptied my bin and i tried redownloading and that worked so i dont know good luck  

Solution 2 by: @xcocoaxlocox:

I actually found the solution. Go to your internet options, then to connections. Click LAN settings and un check the box proxy serve. Click OK and that would let origin connect. Standard smile

Message 8 of 51 (75,245 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

Right click OriginThinSetup, Run As Administrator, install should work fine.  If not, it may very well be your anti-virus software and you will need to consult that vendor's website or help for instructions.

Message 9 of 51 (60,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually found the solution. Go to your internet options, then to connections. Click LAN settings and un check the box proxy serve. Click OK and that would let origin connect. Standard smile

Message 10 of 51 (58,749 Views)