Error when downloading games/extras in Origin

by SwissCh3ese

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error when downloading games/extras in Origin

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I keep getting an error occurred when downloading games in the origin app on desktop (Windows 10). I provided EA Support with the error code in the bug report, and I have a report ID but there's no way to officially email them, is there?

My only option was to ask the community for support.

Thanks,

Swiss

Message 1 of 9 (897 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error when downloading games/extras in Origin

Community Manager

@SwissCh3ese 

Hmm, I have seen some cases in the past where changing the installation path has led to some strange issues. Can you try something else for me when you've got the chance? What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you try downloading the content through Origin? That way if there is something else running that's interfering it may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had a chance to try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (740 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @SwissCh3ese

What's the full error message you've been seeing when you try starting up a download? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (864 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hi, Kent. I don't have the full error message anymore, but I do have the report ID, can I PM it to you privately?

Thanks,
Swiss
Message 3 of 9 (855 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Just a quick reply, I tried another game and the base game downloads/installs but the extra content in certain if not all games have trouble.

Here's the error code from a game I just tried: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327683:0
Message 4 of 9 (831 Views)

Community Manager

@SwissCh3ese 

Got it, thanks for the details!

In a lot of cases that error message comes up when security software isn't giving Origin permissions to add/modify files. It is strange that it would only be happening when you're trying to install extra content, though. 

Have you checked to make sure there are exceptions for Origin in your security software? If not, I'd recommend giving that a shot to see if it helps. Let me know if you're still running into that same error afterward. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 9 (802 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thanks for the info! Could be that my security software is blocking it but I haven't seen any notifications come up with regards to it blocking Origin from adding/modify the files.

I have the games installing on a secondary external hdd and I change the installation path for each game to that specific folder, could it be that?

Thanks,
Swiss
Message 6 of 9 (768 Views)

Community Manager

@SwissCh3ese 

Hmm, I have seen some cases in the past where changing the installation path has led to some strange issues. Can you try something else for me when you've got the chance? What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you try downloading the content through Origin? That way if there is something else running that's interfering it may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had a chance to try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 9 (741 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thanks Kent! I did try it out and it's working normally now via Origin. I've switched over to the EA Desktop now Standard smile

Cheers!
Message 8 of 9 (627 Views)

Community Manager

@SwissCh3ese 

You're welcome! Thanks for following up and letting me know it helped. That's good to hear. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (602 Views)