Re: VCRUNTIME and MSVCP140. Origin not installing

by dardydo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error message when downloading origin

★★ Novice

Hi, I've been playing Sims 4 a lot on my laptop and it has been fine so I decided to try and download origin and play on my computer as well. However, when I try to download origin, I always get the same error of "OriginThinSetup.exe - Bad Image" and then the message that follows says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed o run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f."

I have no idea what any of this means or what to do about it.

Some help would be wonderful, thanks.

Message 1 of 40 (35,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error message when downloading origin

Community Manager

This issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation @gmy1212. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 40 (34,975 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

This issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation @gmy1212. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 40 (34,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoI don't have an Origin file in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Edit: However, I downloaded the two new things you said and it is working now, thank you very much.

Message 3 of 40 (34,966 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it's working for you  @gmy1212.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 40 (34,956 Views)

★★ Novice
@gmy1212 I pretty much have the same problem except that I'm on a laptop I just bought and the originthinsetup doesn't work at all, it's not even in the folder, as soon as I try to open it to install origin it says error and that some file .dll or something is missing. I'm really bad at computer stuff so idk what to do
Message 5 of 40 (34,913 Views)

★ Novice

hey can you please solve us the problem? we dont have the origin file in ProgramFiles X86 what shoud we do

Message 6 of 40 (34,873 Views)

Origin client error

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA

I have A PROBLEM WITH downloading the origin.client.

So I tryed to install it because i got a new pc and when I tryed to download and click the setup exe down left, after that the pc showed MSVCP140.dll missing and I checked but it is still there so it is not missing. My ssd is  not in D place, it is in E place. I have couple of games in my account and i want to play with them and I think this is not my pc's fault.

So how can I download the client because it is not fine, and I like EA/origin but I am really sad now. I hope you answer fast.

Thank you Norbi

Message 7 of 40 (34,846 Views)

VCRUNTIME and MSVCP140. Origin not installing

★★★ Novice

Lately I have been trying to download Origin to play Sims 4. But I'm not able to download the Origin setup without having 2 errors pop up. One saying VCRUNTIME140.dll and another saying MSVCP140.dll. I checked my computer and I do have these files but it's saying that I don't. I have tried restarting my computer, rebooting it, install and uninstall Origin Setup, used the Microsoft Visual C++, and download the Visual C++ off the Microsoft Website. I have Microsoft Visual C++ from 2010 to 2017. I also have Windows 10 activated and I have tried installing a older version of Origin but that didn't help either. Along with that, I did try installing the two files and tried putting it into the System 32 but it would give me an error. I don't know what else to try and i'm at a lost for hope here.

Message 8 of 40 (34,841 Views)

Re: Origin client error

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problems and I cannot find out how to fix it. I hope someone will answer soon 

Message 9 of 40 (34,784 Views)
Highlighted

Re: VCRUNTIME and MSVCP140. Origin not installing

★★ Novice

I have this exact problem, too.

In my case, my SSD died or something, so I needed to "repair" it, wiping everything and starting new with a fresh Windows OS. I did have Origin installed before it happened, installed under C:\Program Files (x86). However, since the wipe, I don't have it installed; no folders anywhere (I've checked my %programdata% and %appdata% and all files and subfiles). I did what @EA_Darko suggested, downloading this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads, but it didn't seem to do much for me. I've also tried the lowest UAC setting from desperation. 

Now, I'm not too techy. All the things I've tried were from others' posts and recommendations, and nothing works...

...but I really don't know what could cause a system error in a file I don't even have installed on my computer anywhere...

...I just wanted to own on Apex; please, send help.

Message 10 of 40 (34,699 Views)