Error code 22:0

by elysehargreaves

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error code 22:0

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have been trying to install Origin back onto my computer all night and I have gone through every solution available online, from running a system clean boot, deleting Origin program data files, turning off all my firewall software, downloading the old version of Origin and trying to update to new one, and running a scan on my computer to find broken program files. The furthest I got was Origin saying that it cannot install with Windows Compatibility Mode turned on,  I have gone into the Properties of the file, into the compatibility section, and compatibility is NOT checked. I have tried running as administrator and changing the permissions of users for the file. All to no avail, and I have finally called Origin but they are not answering as we are in Lockdown in Australia. I REALLY want to play Sims 4 Cottage Living and have been waiting so long to play it, can someone please help. The error code coming up is 22:0 

Message 1 of 20 (1,344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error code 22:0

Community Manager

Hey @elysehargreaves can you go ahead and run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 20 (1,235 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @elysehargreaves did you see any error before the 22:0 one?

Let's grab a DxDiag to take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 20 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Darko, yes the error was that Origin kept running as a background process and wouldn't even show up, so I uninstalled and went to re-install and it did the same thing with the Installer, so when I do a clean boot startup, thats when it would actually open and do the 22:0 error. Please find attached the DxDiag as requested. 

Message 3 of 20 (1,324 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @elysehargreaves can you go ahead and right click your desktop icon for Origin, select Properties, Compatibility tab and in the Compatibility mode section deselect 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', once done click Apply and launch Origin again.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 20 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Darko, yes I did this, and I'm trying to re-install origin so it's not on my desktop. 

Message 5 of 20 (1,306 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @elysehargreaves the same steps I shared above can be used when installing Origin.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 20 (1,297 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, yes which I have also done, and is still showing the 22:0 error code. 

Message 7 of 20 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there anyway I can call Origin or EA? I have spent A LOT of money on EA games but I cannot play them and have been waiting a long time to pay Sims 4 Cottage living =[

Message 8 of 20 (1,254 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @elysehargreaves can you go ahead and run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 20 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello thank you Darko, I have already completed that. 

Message 10 of 20 (1,225 Views)